New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fly-in salmon fishing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know, I know. This is a hunting thread. But it's a quick way to access those of you who know Canada. I'm looking for a fly-in, guided, salmon lodge in BC. Any recommendations?

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Any particular reason you want a fly in? Langara Lodge would be a good bet though.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
I know, I know. This is a hunting thread. But it's a quick way to access those of you who know Canada. I'm looking for a fly-in, guided, salmon lodge in BC. Any recommendations?

Mike Young flies out of Smithers and hosts salmon fishing. PM me if interested and I will look up his email.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm taking my 12 year old grandson and hoped to give him the fly-in experience. It's not a deal breaker, the fishing is what's important.

Thanks for the tip on Langara Lodge.

AZWriter. PM inbound.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DFO has just shut down the Skeena and watershed for all Salmon fishing ! It's going to hit the whole guiding and related industry and spin off very hard !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There will be a LOT more of this in BC, aquatic fisheries as well as marine and for a reason not really connected with sound resource management.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to Queen Charolette Lodge last August and will again this August.
Lodge food, etc were all exceptional. Fishing was pretty good, we caught several salmon per day and some halibut as well.
Fly to Vancouver BC, overnight there. Then fly on a charter two hours north, then ten minutes via helicopter to the lodge.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote