pot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Pot is the answer or cure for anything and everything that ails you according to the uninformed and those with an agenda.

Roll Eyes

Funny but I was going to say pot is the boogey man that leads to everything illegal and a life of debauchery according to the uninformed and those with an agenda!

I'm a very conservative type of individual. Anyone who knows me would be hard pressed to say I have a single liberal bone in my body. But to me, conservatism largely means originalist interpretation of the Constitution and I don't see where the federal government has the right to restrict the use of a naturally occurring plant that has existed on the planet for millennia. At best, it should be a States issue per the 10th Amendment.

That said, a little research into why it's illegal is pretty enlightening for those who have swallowed the boogey man bait fed them over the years by the government ... hook, line, and sinker.

Personally, I think the government should get the hell out of our lives to the max extent possible. If I want to smoke pot, the government shouldn't have a say anymore than they should have a say if I want to collect rain water off the roof of my house, or tell me how much I have to pay someone who works for my company that I started with my own capital, or any number of other things.

more than conservative i read libertarian which is not bad lol ....

Posts: 1731 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brilliant response. tu2

Well, little Todd does suffer from the syndrome of having a high opinion of, ... his own opinions. Roll Eyes Whistling

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
quote:
Pot is the answer or cure for anything and everything that ails you according to the uninformed and those with an agenda.

Roll Eyes

Funny but I was going to say pot is the boogey man that leads to everything illegal and a life of debauchery according to the uninformed and those with an agenda!

I'm a very conservative type of individual. Anyone who knows me would be hard pressed to say I have a single liberal bone in my body. But to me, conservatism largely means originalist interpretation of the Constitution and I don't see where the federal government has the right to restrict the use of a naturally occurring plant that has existed on the planet for millennia. At best, it should be a States issue per the 10th Amendment.

That said, a little research into why it's illegal is pretty enlightening for those who have swallowed the boogey man bait fed them over the years by the government ... hook, line, and sinker.

Personally, I think the government should get the hell out of our lives to the max extent possible. If I want to smoke pot, the government shouldn't have a say anymore than they should have a say if I want to collect rain water off the roof of my house, or tell me how much I have to pay someone who works for my company that I started with my own capital, or any number of other things.

Maybe more of a Conservatarian as talk radio host Andrew Wilcow would say!

beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

beer

Personally, I believe putting anything, besides good, clean air in your lungs, or chemical substance in your body, puts you at risk. PERIOD

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a pot fan but some friends and family do a little. Medicinal pot is very popular with us geezers and some of them do light up. So what? Brown water is more my thing. I will say this since being a libertarian has been brought up. I sent the Libertarian party a few bucks in the last go round and I never have ever done that for any other political group. I think they have the best chance of becoming a viable third party some day which I am in favor of. Unfortunately Gary Johnson had his "Aleppo" moment (sampling your product Gary?) on National TV and bought the farm for 2016. His running mate, Bill Weld, may be a better candidate. My .02

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As much as I wish it weren't so, I believe libertarianism will never work for the simple fact that there are too many bad actors in the USA today. Too many people that want what you and I work hard for. Less regulation seems great until you realize what it will translate to for those that have no desire to "do the right thing" for his fellow man.....from politicians to CEOs to slimebags. There's a limit of course (free staters being the loony extreme) to too much and too little but we don't seem interested as a society at the moment to meet halfway on anything.

Alas, I'll keep working hard and paying massive taxes all whilst hunting and fishing as much as possible. As far as pot, I'll probably smoke some once I retire since we physicians are strictly forbidden from indulging.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

beer

Personally, I believe putting anything, besides good, clean air in your lungs, or chemical substance in your body, puts you at risk. PERIOD

Grizz

Personally, I believe you are entitled to your opinion as stated above and it is not by business to tell you what to believe or do. I would expect the same in return.

And for the record, I didn't state whether I'm for or against smoking pot. I'm for the government not having a say in things that We The People, through the U S Constitution, haven't authorized them to. The amount of overregulation these days is out of control, hence my earlier examples of the government prohibiting individuals from something as simple as collecting rain water or mandating how much I have to pay my employees.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
His running mate, Bill Weld, may be a better candidate. My .02

It amazed me that pro-gun-control Weld even posed as a Libertarian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36550 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen anything from the Libertarians promoting gun control.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Grizz[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Marijauna is a plant that can be eaten? So, I would guess you would be alright with ingesting it?

Posts: 100 | Location: The island in the east | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nobull00:
Haven't seen anything from the Libertarians promoting gun control.

And you won't.

They totally adopt the concept of the armed 'Citizen Militia' over a modern professional ('standing') army.

Libertarians also oppose using any of our armed forces in 'World Policeman' roles, which, for example, would've precluded the Truman Administration's 'police action' into South Korea in 1951.

Most Libertarian-types I've encounter advocate a 'Fortress America' approach to national defense, where the armed citizen militias are in the first line of defense against border breaches. It's sort of a 'wait-til-they-come-to-us' strategy.

They're definitely against armed interventions abroad, such as the Trump Admin's missile strikes into Syria for Assad's use of mustard gas or similar chemical weapons, as bad as that was.

All The Best ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Libertarians

Have one major flaw they think every thinks like they do.

The tend not to believe that there are really bad people out there.

Sorry there have been always well be people/counties that one has to defend yourself from.

There are and always well be people who only think of themselves and are willing to take advantage of others.

Thus we need laws and government to protect others from them.

Can laws and governments go to far for sure.

Finding happy medium is a not easy.

Too little bad things happen to much bad things happen.

Make me king and all well be just right. Wink

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Weld and Johnson were the furthest thing from libertarians I've seen Two moderate republicans, period.

As far as pot goes, cigarettes are still legal, alcohol is still legal (thank God!), I don't see why pot shouldn't be legal for people over 21. Liberty is for everyone's right to be free, not just the people that think like us.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Weld and Johnson were the furthest thing from libertarians I've seen Two moderate republicans, period.

As far as pot goes, cigarettes are still legal, alcohol is still legal (thank God!), I don't see why pot shouldn't be legal for people over 21. Liberty is for everyone's right to be free, not just the people that think like us.

No disrespect, but the sense I get from almost every single libertarian is that they don't wan't freedom they want a free for all. Can I ask you if there's a difference between libertarians and "free staters" in your mind? The free staters here are absolutely unhinged, angry people that think everything is a conspiracy.....and a couple of them have made it into the state house.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You Guys have uncovered a lot of warts I hadn't seen in the Libertarians. However to me they appear to be the most viable option for a third party. Jill Stein and the Green Party sure as hell wouldn't be my choice. Both the Dems and the Repubs are run by big, bigger and biggest donors and it will always be "you win"/"We win" until something changes. We the people get hosed by both sides. We may agree philosophically with a particular party but neither one doing anything for the average Joe.
Some years ago Congress passed a bill, The Veterans Benefits Act of 19??. Who wouldn't vote for that? What it did was triple the cost of the VA's charges to a veteran getting a home loan. Of course everyone got in line to pass that. Never read the bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought this was a hunting forum...

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Demonical:

It was, ... but has since gone to, ah, pot. rotflmo

All The Best ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Indeed, but on an infrequent basis it's nice to be able to discuss a topic that borders on political given that I never slouch into any cesspool called a political forum.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, some of us are going to be hunting high and the rest of us will have to deal with it. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Washington State Liberals pushed Marijuana for The Tax Revenue Period. They take a 30 percent cut off the Top. We have had SHOOT OUTS in grows in my AREA!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The difference in pot and alcohol is one never knows nor can he control the effect the cigarette has on him..It may knock his lights out, or it may be very mild indeed, regardless of claims, you can't foretell the effect..We have a million drunks killing folks, so get ready to add another million drugies to it..That I suspect will be the next big problem. As to violence, I have never seen such violence as the Mexican cartels brought to Mexico, and now are moving into the USA..You yes sayers ain't seen nothing yet..

Skyline,
If the USA is such a shithole why do so many Canadians and Mexicans and all of So. America want to live here?? I get the impression. I get the impression that those that want illegal drugs are those that smoke it, you can tell by their posts I suspect, at least for the most part...Lots of good men have died trying to protect the citizens of this country, let not let it be for no reason at all..They didn't make the laws the just enforced them. Any law can be changed if its unpopular, bla bla on the internet won't do it..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote