THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    2021 British Columbia Caribou hunt. Recommendations wanted.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 British Columbia Caribou hunt. Recommendations wanted.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am wanting to take my wife Caribou hunting in 2021. Looking at British Columbia. Can anyone recommend some good outfitters.

Thanks

Posts: 130 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Gundahoo River Outfitters in 2017. Quinton Thompson took over from his father is carrying on the tradition of high quality hunts on horseback.I was hunting moose & grizzly late September. Saw legal bull caribou every day, very good moose in the area. I shot a 52" , moose as a consolation for not killing a grizzly bear. i would recommend this outfitter. If you would like to talk to me send a PM.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I've hunted B.C caribou/moose twice. First time on the south half of the Itcha Mountains. Great hunt but that outfitter sold out and I don't believe the new owner has opened it up.
Second hunt with Tahltan Outfitters on the Kawdy Plateau. Another good hunt with respectable bulls.
Leaving in a week for mixed bag (moose,caribou & goat) hunt with Claw Mountain on the east side of Spatsize Plateau.
Met a young outfitter at trade show from Fire Mountain Outfitters by Atlin that I would like to try. He has some great caribou in a beautiful area.

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I’ll take notes so I can do more research later.

Posts: 130 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 04 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might add that the best Mt caribou I've killed (3) came from the NWT.Saw more of them and less resident pressure.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ever outfitter listed so far has been very accurate in saying they are good outfits.
Brandon from Fire Mountain probably has the largest Mtn. caribou in the country.
He too runs a great outfit.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote