Find
Notify
Tools

Really sad news
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://yukon-news.com/news/tan...r-had-zest-for-life/

Tanner Sinclair son of Brent Sinclair (Porcupine Creek Outfitters) passed away this week. A great guide both father and son.
I know Tanner would have touched a lot of hunters in his short life, he will be missed by a lot of people. RIP.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy that's a shocker!I've hunted with both over the years,always a top notch hunt.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
My prayers for both him and his family, specially his little daughter and his soon to born son.... may justice come quickly upon the murderer Mad

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Hunted with Brent a few years back and took a really nice cat. Got to meet Tanner at that time. The kind of kid that any man would hope his sons turn out to be like.
First heard about the tragedy through my wife's connections on facebook. There was no mistaking Tanner, cause they pictured him with the nice tom that he shot a few days before I arrived. There was still a blood trail up the driveway in town, where Tanner had dragged the cat into Brent's garage to skin him out.
The story of that cat hunt, is a memorable one in itself, and bears telling!
Tanner had taken his dad's hounds out and cut a fresh track on a big tom. He was determined to take his cat with primitive weapons, and was packing a long-bow with cedar arrows. After many hours and miles of blowdowns and hillclimbs, he got to the base of the tree where the hounds had finally treed the cat, only to find that all of his cedar arrows had either been lost or broken in the chase! Still trying to get the job done, Tanner lashed the tip from one of his broken arrows to a stout branch, climbed an adjacent tree to get level with the spitting tom, and attempted to spear him!
The cat was too good at evading his efforts, and Tanner had to go back out for more arrows. He left the dogs at the base of the tree, knowing the cat wouldnt leave, as long as the dogs waited below. It was already getting dark, and Tanner had miles to go back to his vehichle.
Fighting against time and the fading daylight, Tanner set out a good pace back to the vehichle. He still had a ways to go, when he suddenly had the ground fall out from under him! Next thing he knew, he found himself the uninvited guest in a grizzly den, and the host was none to pleased at his arrival! Thankfully, the bear was pretty groggy from his deep sleep, and Tanner was faster scared than the bear was mad! Just some more adrenalin to help him get back to the road.
The next morning at first light, now armed with a fresh supply of arrows, Tanner found the dogs where he had left them, and the cat still resting comfortably in the tree.
The shot, and the grip and grin photos, were pretty anti-climatic compared with the events leading up to the photos.
That Facebook photo of Tanner and his big Tom was posted by a family member, and it brought back all the memories as told to me by a fantastic young man taken way too soon from us.

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Just found out today, Brent is a close friend of ours. Terrible news.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
So it was homicide? Only 27. What a shame. Do they have a suspect?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
So it was homicide? Only 27. What a shame. Do they have a suspect?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1465...g-to-western-canada/

At large. May be heading your way.

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The suspect turned himself in, glad to hear this for Brents sake.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on Facebook....

Brent and Wendy Sinclair of Porcupine Creek Outfitters, lost their son
John Tanner Sinclair on July 15, 2014, age 27, in Whitehorse. Tanner's life
passion was hunting the great rams that live among the
lofty peaks. He lived and dreamed about sheep and sheep
hunting every moment he could. He had a strong work ethic and an extraordinary ability to take on tasks that many said could not be
done. He was humble in many ways, yet his determination, persistence and
good nature made him a fine husband, father and friend. He is survived by his wife, Whitney Ann, the love of his life, their
beautiful daughter, Keele Avery, and a baby on the way.

A trust has been set up for Tanner's Family, and we are asking the WSF community to rally to help support them in this time of financial worry. If you would like to help, please follow the link: http://buff.ly/1x3eRrb

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg, You guys are connected, Dallas Safari Club has set up a fund for PH's and guides in this situation. I know this family could use the help with two small children. I don't know them personally but It would be worth asking.
Let me know

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did they ever catch the fellow that they were searching for ?

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I READ WHERE THEY DID GET HIM

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote