New
Find
Notify
Tools

need holster maker
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Colt Woodsman match target that needs a high-quality holster. Any suggestions?

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only use milt sparks, I’d call them.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great- could you supply me with a phone # or email address? Thanks.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never mind, Colin; I found his website.

jmbn
Old and in the way

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Those are great pistols. I bought one many years ago from an older gent that got it from his father who bought it new in the 20s in the original box W/ a letter from Colt where it had been converted to .22 L.R. Had the original holster as well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colin- milt doesn't make one, and I can't find onyone on the net that does.

Anyone else have any ideas??? I'm looking for a high quality carry holster.

jmbn
Old and in the way

One of Us
posted Hide Post
El Paso Saddlery makes them, and I have had
good results with their leather. Excellent
quality, but not the highly-polished finish
of Milt Sparks.

Hope this helps.
John

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kramer holsters are the best. IMHO

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I would give these folks a hard look.

https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
El Paso Saddlery is A-1 IMO..used them for years. Bobby McNellis owner or was may still be has a close Brill copy of holsters..Brill out of Austin was the best holsters every made, All the Texas Rangers used them, they are were awesome. Not sure if they are in business these days, but worth a try..I have several of them by old man Brill but they fetch big bucks in Texas these days.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might want to give Andrews Custom Leather a look see. Some pretty nice stuff has he.

Luck,
Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
El Paso Saddlery is A-1 IMO..used them for years. Bobby McNellis owner or was may still be has a close Brill copy of holsters..Brill out of Austin was the best holsters every made, All the Texas Rangers used them, they are were awesome. Not sure if they are in business these days, but worth a try..I have several of them by old man Brill but they fetch big bucks in Texas these days.

+1 El Paso Saddlery
Bobby passed away some years ago, the business has changed hands and quite a few of the old time guys have retired or left.
So El Paso new management is not as user friendly as when Bobby had it, but their leather is still top notch.
I’ve used them for 35+ years.
- Mike

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Kramer holsters are the best. IMHO

Another one for Kramer.

If he doesn't currently offer a holster for your pistol now he will make one if he has access to that model gun.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote