New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on Baby Browning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mother-in-law found a Baby Browning that's been in a drawer for 40 +/- years. Looks in nice condition. Any experts here or resources to lead me to what is and what it's worth?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1037 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's basically the European market version of what Colt sold as the Colt 1908 in .25 ACP. I'm given to understand that when John Moses designed some of his pistols that Colt had the US (and British) market for the design sold and made by Colt and that elsewhere the market was reserved to the design sold and made by FN.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$500-600 Like everything, depends on condition

Posts: 568 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Mike, we talked a few months ago about your 1908 Colt. Have you come up with an asking price? Hope your hip is acting like it's supposed to. Smiler Best, R.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NormanConquest R,

Actually I was ready to sell it when my daughter asked me to leave it to her. Kind of a family heirloom. Sorry. Hip surgery went well, thank you. Painful and recovery much longer than anticipated,

Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1037 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Mike glad the hip surgery went well. I'm glad that your daughter wants it as well. It always saddens me when some kid inherits their family's guns + wants to sell them off. A few years ago a guy here wanted to sell an M1 carbine for $50.00 because he had kids, who need guns, etc. I bought it of course + then he asked me if I wanted to buy another. He had an ORIGINAL 1851 Colt in an old holster that was his great grandfather's when he was a sheriff out in San Angelo. He asked if I would give him $50.00 for that too. I told him I would love to but did he have any brothers or sisters. That would have been a great buy but I still think I did the right thing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote