New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR2 Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a Glock 34 MOS and intend to put a Trijicon RMR2 sight on it. With the gun came 4 different mounting plates for the various sights offered by different manufacturers. Per my dealer one of those mounted on the gun is all I need.
I went to Trijicon’s web site and they specify a particular base plate that must be obtained to mount the sight on a Glock MOS. I tried calling Trijicon but their robot has not called back after two days.
Does anyone have any experience mounting this sight on an MOS?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put that sight on the same handgun. One of the four is the correct one.

It sure say on the package what base is what.

I don't have the sight nor the mounts any more I gave them to a friend other wise I would tell you.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks P-Dog. Most of my shooting will be a max of 50 yards at gongs. I was going to get it with the 3 inch dot. Do you agree with that size dot?
Thanks!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 3 inch dot is fine.

I took it off because I couldn't get use to it at up close and personnel.

Too many decades of, draws, sight, and muscle memory using open sights.

Mostly what I carry a handgun for is self protection.

At the longer ranges it worked well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Canik TP9 SFX that I mounted a reflex sight on. In this case the gun came with the mounting plates and I used a cheap Chinese reflex sight. Not sure what the 3" dot means. I like as small a dot as possible, and the brightness allows for a fast pickup. The sight WILL take getting used to as the gun alignment with the target is completely different, due in part to the height of the sight above the bore. In my case I have to tilt the muzzle down in order to acquire the dot.
Weird, but you get used to it. For hunting it is fine as you have time to acquire the dot, but for shooting plates from the draw, it IS different!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my case I have to tilt the muzzle down in order to acquire the dot.Weird, but you get used to it. For hunting it is fine as you have time to acquire the dot, but for shooting plates from the draw, it IS different!

I put about a thousand rounds down range trying to get use to the sight.

I have a 100 thousand plus using iron sights on handguns.

I decided it was not worth the effort to retrain just to be able to use a dot sight.

I have one on my 460 but that is strictly a hunting gun.

They say that if one puts suppressor sight on one can co-witness and that helps a lot.

I did not bother.

Good luck with your sights.

one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
LJS, I have the same sight on a Glock 19. The sealing plate is a very thin piece of sheet metal that allows the rubber seal on the bottom of the RMR to properly seal. The mounting plate supplied by Glock has a channel cut into it and wont seal the base. You can get it from Midway usa :
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...for-glock-mos-models
It also comes with the proper lenght screws to mount the RMR.
I highly recommend the suppressor height sights.
with regular sights most people try to focus on the front sight, which causes them to aim too high and not see the dot. With the taller sights its very quick to align and get on target as they co- witness.
The 3 MOA dot is the best opption for a handgun.
Hope that helps.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote