THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    New Rig for the Colt Government 1911 45 ACP

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rig for the Colt Government 1911 45 ACP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted
I recently ordered and finally received a new Rig for my Colt Government 1911 45 ACP. The package consisted of a new belt, an Outside the Waist Band (OWB) holster, a magazine carrier and a knife sheath. All of it is made out of Nicotine Elephant by Ryan Grizzle of rgrizzleleather.com
Ryan and Kay Grizzle are out of Georgia and do fantastic work. I couldn't be happier with the finished product.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Was that your elephant, or was it supplied by them?

It doesn’t matter to me, but just curious.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it was not my elephant. They have a limited supply of elephant in different colors that they have legally purchased to use in making holsters, magazine carriers, belts, etc. I looked at the different colors and liked the Nicotine elephant for what I was looking for. They also have other leathers and styles available. Check out their website.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I will check them out. Once again, it’s a beautiful rig.

Do you mind giving details about your 1911?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem. It's a Colt Series 70 Government Model in 45ACP. Originally it belonged to my dad. It has scrimshawed pre-ban ivory grips-one side is an African Lion, the other an African Leopard. I have all of the legal paperwork for the pre-ban grips. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one of his inside the waist band holsters for a Glock 30 before it was stolen out of my truck. Only holster maker who stuff is as good as milt sparks. Much less wait time.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, that is one seriously fine rig!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Randy! Yes it is. Ryan Grizzle is one of the very best. I found him while looking on the Internet and I am very happy that I did. His prices are reasonable as well. Top notch! tu2