The Accurate Reloading Forums
New Rig for the Colt Government 1911 45 ACP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7611043/m/8221045362

26 December 2020, 09:50
Use Enough Gun
New Rig for the Colt Government 1911 45 ACP
I recently ordered and finally received a new Rig for my Colt Government 1911 45 ACP. The package consisted of a new belt, an Outside the Waist Band (OWB) holster, a magazine carrier and a knife sheath. All of it is made out of Nicotine Elephant by Ryan Grizzle of rgrizzleleather.com
Ryan and Kay Grizzle are out of Georgia and do fantastic work. I couldn't be happier with the finished product.

26 December 2020, 10:15
DCS Member
Beautiful! Was that your elephant, or was it supplied by them?

It doesn’t matter to me, but just curious.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
26 December 2020, 21:45
Use Enough Gun
No, it was not my elephant. They have a limited supply of elephant in different colors that they have legally purchased to use in making holsters, magazine carriers, belts, etc. I looked at the different colors and liked the Nicotine elephant for what I was looking for. They also have other leathers and styles available. Check out their website.
26 December 2020, 22:12
DCS Member
I will check them out. Once again, it’s a beautiful rig.

Do you mind giving details about your 1911?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
26 December 2020, 23:44
Use Enough Gun
No problem. It's a Colt Series 70 Government Model in 45ACP. Originally it belonged to my dad. It has scrimshawed pre-ban ivory grips-one side is an African Lion, the other an African Leopard. I have all of the legal paperwork for the pre-ban grips. Big Grin
16 January 2021, 07:30
Colin Masters
I had one of his inside the waist band holsters for a Glock 30 before it was stolen out of my truck. Only holster maker who stuff is as good as milt sparks. Much less wait time.
16 January 2021, 08:21
NormanConquest
Vaughn, that is one seriously fine rig!

Never mistake motion for action.
19 January 2021, 08:37
Use Enough Gun
Thanks Randy! Yes it is. Ryan Grizzle is one of the very best. I found him while looking on the Internet and I am very happy that I did. His prices are reasonable as well. Top notch! tu2