New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock knowledgeable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a couple of Glocks, a Glock 17 and a Glock 17L, both of which I really like. However these are older guns and I am not up to speed on the different "Gens". So, what is the general consensus on pros/cons, Gens to stay away from etc.
Thanks, Peter
PS. what I really am hankering for is a police trade in, perhaps in 45ACP. Any suggestions as to where?

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own Gen 1s to 4s I shot gen 5s.

I would buy a 3 4 or 5s I like the idea of having a rail. They all work the gen 5s seem to have the best trigger by a very small margin.

If I were buying brand new why not get the latest and greatest.

They all have a rep of lasting a long time.

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks pds. If I were going to buy a new one I would probably go for one of the MOS guns, but they are rather pricey. I did buy a Canik and put a cheap Chinese made reflex sight on it, and it shoots very well. I just had a hankering for a(nother) 45acp and thought I might be able to pick one up at a reasonable price.
I have modified the trigger on my Glock 17 and it is much better than the original. The 17L seems to have a fine trigger as standard!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heard good things about the Canik's I don't own a Glock 45 I find the grips to big.

I do own a XDM 5.25 that's fit good.

Good luck with your search.

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good point that I had completely forgotten about! The Glock has a high capacity mag. (10 rounds). The Canik is a good gun but the trigger has too much take up. Not sure what the fix is.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i hate glocks - ugly, bulky, plasticky

All my self defense guns are glocks - 42/43/23/17 and I may get a 20.

They go bang and are super safe (if you dont pull the trigger)

All my glocks are treated as loaded cause they most likely are.

A mos glock would be interesting.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote