Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 9mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
I hear that a CZ 82 /83 model in a 9mm is GREAT pistol to have! Word is that you cannot go wrong with one. Any feedback? Let's hear it!

Posts: 592 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As goo d as anything else. There are so many good defensive pistols out there.

I tell people pick the one that fits the bests and go with that.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have an 85 and 75. Love them. Can’t speak to the ones you asked about.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ram Rod, what do you mean GREAT?
Very accurate.
Very reliable?
Very good ergonomics?
Does it carry easily (either open or concealed)?
The last question can only be answered by you! How does it fit your hand? Does it point naturally in your hand?
I have a couple of CZ's and several CZ clones ie. the EAA line of pistols. All of them fulfill all the above criteria.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very accurate. YES
Very reliable? YES
Very good ergonomics? Fit my hand

Peter I have never carried either the 75 or 85 concealed. As to fitting me they remind me of my Hi Power which fits me perfect!! Mine have a very smooth trigger. As accurate as I am. My wife loves the fact that the safety drops the hammer. Her small hands did not allow her to feel comfortable thumbing the hammer down.

Both have had 1000s of round through them. Jacketed and cast. The only issue I've had was my own fault. I loaded some cast bullets too light and about every 5th would not fully cycle.

For concealed carry I use a Kimber Carry mainly because my wife gave it too me.. She carries a PPK clone.

I've never found an issue with a CZ

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Very accurate.
Very reliable?
Very good ergonomics?
The last question can only be answered by you! How does it fit your hand? Does it point naturally in your hand?
I have a couple of CZ's and several CZ clones ie. the EAA line of pistols. All of them fulfill all the above criteria.
Peter.

yes to all of the above! Reliable, accurate as far as factory rounds are concerned, carries light and very easily (have a custom holster that was made specifically for it).

Swapped out factory grips for new ones, feels good in the hand, etc. Also been told that the barrel is better than most, which is what accounts for "better accuracy" than most pistols I would guess.

Posts: 592 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote