THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Heavy 5 Shot Ruger 45 Colt Data

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heavy 5 Shot Ruger 45 Colt Data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up the gun below and am trying to find loads for +325 gr bullets that are running in the 45 kpsi range. Any folks shooting a 5 shot conversion?

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Is that a Bowen, Boxhead?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it was built by Competitive Edge Gunworks (Larry Crow). I just picked it up off Gunbroker and won't have it in hand until early August when I move back to Texas from Alberta. Can't wait. Looks a lot like my Bowen 500L Nimrod.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Very nice. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
No, it was built by Competitive Edge Gunworks (Larry Crow). I just picked it up off Gunbroker and won't have it in hand until early August when I move back to Texas from Alberta. Can't wait. Looks a lot like my Bowen 500L Nimrod.

That's what I thought when I saw the picture -- looks very much like your Bowen. Nice!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote