New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timney Trigger for Glock Gen 5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone installed a Timney Alpha Competition Trigger in a Glock Gen 5 pistol? If so, what is your opinion of it?

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I haven't installed one in my Glock, but I did try one out at a competition I was shooting in several weeks ago. It was nice. A significant upgrade from stock. The same guy had a second Glock with an Apex trigger in it, though, and I liked it better FWIW. Shot it slightly faster in a couple of drills. As you know, this is largely a function of what you are used to. Also, the Apex had a lot more rounds through it. Several other shooters preferred the Timney to the Apex. I thought the Timney had a more defined wall before the break. Many shooters prefer this feel in their triggers. HTH.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Installed a timney in a Glock gen 5 model 34.

The trigger is smooth and extremely light.

Will be a great trigger to shoot steel and some fun matched that the club organizes in the summer.

Would not have it on any self defense gun.

Nicer than Apex in my opinion.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

The trigger is smooth and extremely light.

Will be a great trigger to shoot steel and some fun matched that the club organizes in the summer.

Would not have it on any self defense gun.

Nicer than Apex in my opinion.

Mike

^^^^

This

Posts: 19330 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice thing about Glock 17 and 34 gen 5 is frames are same and guns are modular.

Glock 17 factory trigger is 6.2 pounds
Glock 34 is 5.4

Timney is bullseye quality trigger.

I have the timney on a 34 frame.

If I want a 34 slide and optic for self defense I would simply put it on 17 frame and have a factory Glock trigger.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One can do trigger jobs on Glock factory parts.

Taking off the burrs and smoothing the parts

The trigger pull come to about 4.5 lbs and are smooth.

Posts: 19330 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Timney Alpha Triggers in my Glock 19 Gen 5, and my Glock 34 Gen 4. I shoot in IDPA matches, and definitely like these aftermarket triggers. They are smoother, lighter, and have a crisper break than stock Glock triggers. You will not be disappointed if you purchase one.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a lighter # rated connector and try lighter trigger springs.

Hip

Posts: 1801 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot the Glock 34 with timney trigger - love it. As good as my hk vp9 match trigger is better.

Mike