New
Find
Notify
Tools

transfer fees
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently ordered the Ruger .380 that seems so hard to get ahold of and went to my local gun store to see if they would accept transfer. They want $40 to do the transfer. Is this standard? I thought $15-25 was more in line, but I have no paid a transfer fee in quite a while. Granted, $40 isn't that much, but when it's a $300 gun, it's kind of significant. Thanks, CC

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think $40 is steep. $30 or less would be reasonable. I believe if you go to gunbroker or one of those sites you can find a gun dealer in your area. You don't say your location. If you did, someone on this site might be able to help you.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
10 bucks for me here.

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a hell of a deal. I pay $15 and I think I am getting a good deal. There is a shop in town that charges $30.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I found one for $25 and sent it in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
i charge 20 some local shops up to 45 which i think is robbery

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
I had a guy want to charge me 10% of the gun purchase. I told him he was out of his damn mind. middlefinger No way he was getting $80 for a transfer.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote