THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Is a Desert Eagle a metallic silhouette contender?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a Desert Eagle a metallic silhouette contender?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I keep liking the idea of a plain Jane blued DE in .44 mag with a bog standard 6 inch barrel and no fancy porting but it seems they are a contentious item with many finding them to big and hefty to shoot comfortably and easy to bag out.

Other than lacking the longer sight radius of a longer barreled 629 or the no longer made(?) 9 inch Dan Wesson, is the DE that handicapped?

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not if that is what you want to shoot - it's about having fun

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
At 50 yards my scoped 44 will hold to 4-5" groups off of a bag.

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Since my last post I found a gun shop an hour away selling a DE with the 10 inch barrel for 30% less than the price of the 6 inch faint

Is the long barrel version worth it? At that price I could buy another 6 inch barrel and still have change from the RRP at my local

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote