THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Glock 34 vs P320 or P320 X5/X5 Legion

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 34 vs P320 or P320 X5/X5 Legion
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Went to a school a couple of weeks ago and shot my Gen 1 Glock 17. It wore out about 2000 rounds in (trigger wouldn't reset). It's fixed, but got to shoot a full-size P320 with a red dot. Cleaned that stage of fire. I was shooting the Glock well too, though.

Anyway, thinking of a backup to the old 17 that would also work for action pistol events, and was thinking of a Glock 34 MOS. But the Sig P320, particularly the X5 Legion, seems to be winning a lot of matches. And I found the full-size standard P320 easy to shoot. And both guns allow for mounting red dots, which I'm thinking of trying.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're not the first with a Glock reset issue. Was it a spring issue or something else?

I have not shot the P320 to be able to advise, but as you said, it's very popular, but it is not without problems of its own. There have been a few reported instances of accidental discharge - not negligent discharge. The issue seems to be heating up as well. So something to consider.

Another reason why I am not a striker fire fan...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Opus,

Worn disconnector.

To the gun's credit, I bought it in 88, though, and it's had more thousands of rounds through it than any other I've owned. And up until then, it was trouble-free.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Went to a school a couple of weeks ago and shot my Gen 1 Glock 17. It wore out about 2000 rounds in (trigger wouldn't reset). It's fixed, but got to shoot a full-size P320 with a red dot. Cleaned that stage of fire. I was shooting the Glock well too, though.

Anyway, thinking of a backup to the old 17 that would also work for action pistol events, and was thinking of a Glock 34 MOS. But the Sig P320, particularly the X5 Legion, seems to be winning a lot of matches. And I found the full-size standard P320 easy to shoot. And both guns allow for mounting red dots, which I'm thinking of trying.

Any thoughts?

X5 is awesome. I have an x5 and p320 X-carry.

I thought I would like the legion but I did not. I prefer the x5.

I have a trijicon SRO 2.5 moa.

I like modular platform guns. Lots of stuff from Wilson on down coming out for p320.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike I didn't know you were a competitive shooter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Mike I didn't know you were a competitive shooter.

Never claimed to be. But unlike you I am not a troll who can’t afford a metal sig Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Why did you like the X5 over the X5 Legion? I've thought the X5 Legion might be overkill too. In fact I thought the P320x (non X5) full-size might be the way I'd go with a P320. Or the M17 version. But for a games gun the weight is always good and lots of USPSA folks are raving about the x5 and x5 legion.

On the other hand, the Glock 34 I could see carrying in the woods or shooting a match with. Maybe more versatile.

Do you love the P210? It's the target model, right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geezz Mike owing guns and posting lots of pictures of them on the Internet doesn't equate to knowledge or experience - as you have shown time after time.