The Accurate Reloading Forums
Glock 34 vs P320 or P320 X5/X5 Legion

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7611043/m/6891018162

18 September 2020, 22:59
skl1
Glock 34 vs P320 or P320 X5/X5 Legion
Went to a school a couple of weeks ago and shot my Gen 1 Glock 17. It wore out about 2000 rounds in (trigger wouldn't reset). It's fixed, but got to shoot a full-size P320 with a red dot. Cleaned that stage of fire. I was shooting the Glock well too, though.

Anyway, thinking of a backup to the old 17 that would also work for action pistol events, and was thinking of a Glock 34 MOS. But the Sig P320, particularly the X5 Legion, seems to be winning a lot of matches. And I found the full-size standard P320 easy to shoot. And both guns allow for mounting red dots, which I'm thinking of trying.

Any thoughts?
18 September 2020, 23:13
Opus1
You're not the first with a Glock reset issue. Was it a spring issue or something else?

I have not shot the P320 to be able to advise, but as you said, it's very popular, but it is not without problems of its own. There have been a few reported instances of accidental discharge - not negligent discharge. The issue seems to be heating up as well. So something to consider.

Another reason why I am not a striker fire fan...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.
18 September 2020, 23:23
skl1
Opus,

Worn disconnector.

To the gun's credit, I bought it in 88, though, and it's had more thousands of rounds through it than any other I've owned. And up until then, it was trouble-free.
19 September 2020, 00:31
Opus1
tu2

19 September 2020, 02:09
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Went to a school a couple of weeks ago and shot my Gen 1 Glock 17. It wore out about 2000 rounds in (trigger wouldn't reset). It's fixed, but got to shoot a full-size P320 with a red dot. Cleaned that stage of fire. I was shooting the Glock well too, though.

Anyway, thinking of a backup to the old 17 that would also work for action pistol events, and was thinking of a Glock 34 MOS. But the Sig P320, particularly the X5 Legion, seems to be winning a lot of matches. And I found the full-size standard P320 easy to shoot. And both guns allow for mounting red dots, which I'm thinking of trying.

Any thoughts?

X5 is awesome. I have an x5 and p320 X-carry.

I thought I would like the legion but I did not. I prefer the x5.

I have a trijicon SRO 2.5 moa.

I like modular platform guns. Lots of stuff from Wilson on down coming out for p320.

Mike
19 September 2020, 04:20
Opus1
Mike I didn't know you were a competitive shooter.

19 September 2020, 06:21
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Mike I didn't know you were a competitive shooter.

Never claimed to be. But unlike you I am not a troll who can’t afford a metal sig Wink

Mike
19 September 2020, 08:04
skl1
Mike,

Why did you like the X5 over the X5 Legion? I've thought the X5 Legion might be overkill too. In fact I thought the P320x (non X5) full-size might be the way I'd go with a P320. Or the M17 version. But for a games gun the weight is always good and lots of USPSA folks are raving about the x5 and x5 legion.

On the other hand, the Glock 34 I could see carrying in the woods or shooting a match with. Maybe more versatile.

Do you love the P210? It's the target model, right?
19 September 2020, 08:35
Opus1
Geezz Mike owing guns and posting lots of pictures of them on the Internet doesn't equate to knowledge or experience - as you have shown time after time.