New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bobtail/Round Butted 1911's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody have one and like it? Particularly a Commander-sized gun? Tried the Kimber Super Carry version at NRA show and really liked it.

I see a S&W E-series 1911sc, Dan Wesson VBOB, CBOB, and Guardian, Kimbers, and Sig Nightmare.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Steve

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have the dan wesson one and really like it. the bobtail doesn't affect me one way or another, but the gun itself is very well made and very accurate.. functions perfectly with 185's

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butchbloc.

Do you know if your Dan Wesson is the Guardian, the Commander Classic Bobtail (CBOB), or the Valor Bobtail (VBOB)?

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd have to look - but it was one of the 1st ones out

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one. I converted a colt govt frame to that configuration. I also put on the thinner grips. it changes the clothing imprint so as not to be as noticeable.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

Butchbloc, yours is likely CBOB (commander classic bobtail).

Max, can a standard mainspring housing be recontoured to round butt style, if you relocate the retaining pin? Or do you pretty much have to go with the more severe chopped off bobtail mainspring housing from Ed Brown?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about your idea, never tried that as I always used a factory part. do not see why it wouldn't though.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote