Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Carry Recommendation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Reasons for not getting the 10mm -

1. The 10mm wouldn't be my hunting pistol. I have a scoped .41 Mag for any pistol hunting.
2. I have no reason to believe a 10mm would be more accurate than a 9mm in our monthly shooting competition at 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 yards.
3. The purchase was for a cc weapon. No reason to believe a 10mm profile would have been smaller than a 9mm.
4. If someone breaks into my house and I hit them, twice, center-mass, their first question isn't going to be whether I used a 10mm or a 9mm on them. They are going to be asking for their momma.

Reasons for getting a 10mm -

1. To wave it around saying, "look at me".

If I was half as old as I am, I'm sure I would have bought it.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention. I went ahead and bought the Blade-Tech Total Eclipse Ambidextrous Holster. I changed the set-up to an FBI cant. The gun is very comfortable in the 4'oclock position when driving, etc.

I checked with one gun shop to see what it would cost to install an Apex trigger. I understood him to say $156 plus labor of $100. That is almost what I paid for the pistol. No chance I'll do that.

I fired the gun again today and the trigger pull didn't seem that bad. (Funny what a high replacement price will do.) I fired a ported M&P 9 Shield, with a better trigger right afterwards, but it didn't feel that much better to me.

I fired a 50 with five shot groups at 6 yards, with both weapons. Nothing special, but at least the heavier trigger pull of my gun didn't pull me out of the 10 ring. I'm a recreational shooter, so my requirement isn't as high as you serious guys.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked with one gun shop to see what it would cost to install an Apex trigger. I understood him to say $156 plus labor of $100. That is almost what I paid for the pistol. No chance I'll do that.

Now there is a guns job that knows how to make money.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Now there is a guns job that knows how to make money.

No question, that guy is a rip-off artist of great magnitude.

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I've always been a 1911 fan in 45 acp. so when Col. Cooper several years got outspoken on the many attributes of the CZ 75 (+ we know how much he distained the 9mm) I thought it was worth a look. It is a great pistol.Although I carry a 1911,I keep a CZ in my bedside drawer.I have 2 + one is still for sale W/night sights.(shameless sales pitch but true).

I've had a CZ for years, love it.

My EDC is a HK P2000. Great pistol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i know it isn't made anymore but never the less my favorite is the para ordnance pda

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if i was able to carry i will use my bhp or a 1911 in 9mm but i can only dream about it ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote