New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 3 screw
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When did they stop making the 3 screw revolvers?

Are they worth any more than a non 3 screw?

one of us
posted Hide Post
around 73

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a .357 3 screw and wondered if I payed to much.

It looks almost new with no cylinder marks, has a 6.5 inch barrel. I payed $400 for it.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nope; that is a good price.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For one in good condition thats a good price. I need to find one for my daughter. Condition does not matter because David Clements will be doing a redo.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clements converted my old .357 to .44 Special and did a fine job.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have recently purchased one of the new Ruger Single six revolvers with the transfer bar. I really like it. The best feature in my mind is not having to worry about closing the hammer on a loaded cylinder.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It was a solution to a non-existent problem, brought on by careless revolver users, and of course, lawyers.
And the transfer bar revolvers have a much rougher action than the traditional setups. I don't like them, nor do I use them.
Loading 5 rounds into them is easy, just like with a Colt SAA.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have now shot both, and I find the transfer bar guns to shoot just as smoothly the three screw guns.

Lawyers don't sue out of the clear blue sky. The sue for a client. So I would agree that there are careless gun owners out there who hire lawyers to sue because of their own negligence.

Thankfully the change was made. If it saves the life of an innocent child or two, or even a culpable adults or two, it is a good thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent my 3 screw Single Six revolver back to the factory to have the transfer bar system installed. They returned my old parts. The trigger pull is not worse than before and the new parts are made of better steel than the old parts. Now I can safely carry six rounds in the cylinder. Don't know what dpcd is complaining about.

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I heard that Ruger will not send the old parts back with the gun now. Just saying.

I like 'em both. I do enjoy the 4 click; something romantic I guess.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did you hear that from?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently received my 3 screw Ruger back with all of the old parts. Rumor quashed.

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Lindy2 I thought I read it on the Ruger forum but not sure.

Shootshellz, Good to know.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shootshellz:
I sent my 3 screw Single Six revolver back to the factory to have the transfer bar system installed. They returned my old parts. The trigger pull is not worse than before and the new parts are made of better steel than the old parts. Now I can safely carry six rounds in the cylinder. Don't know what dpcd is complaining about.

I have an old model blackhawk and single six. I was adamant that I would not send them in for conversion. That is, til I bought a Flat Top that had been converted .

Trigger pull is very bit as good as if not better than the nonaltered 3 screw.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote