THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    What is the prices for semi auto pistols

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the prices for semi auto pistols
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the prices for semi auto pistols in US and other countries here in Sweden used pistols have a ridiculus low price. A club friend of mine are talking about scrapping his .45 because he dont think anyone will buy it. In Sweden you have to be a active competition shooter to be allowed to have handguns if you are not active any longer you are forced to sell or scrap them.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
100 USD to 10's of thousands depending on the make and model.

It takes a really poor firearm to bring less then a 100.00

The problem your friend has is the limited market forced a pond you.

The US has a very robust used firearm market and in most states they can be freely traded sold without hardly any restriction.

I have brought many with a hand shake and handing over 100 dollar bills.

One can buy new production 1911's for 500.00 to 1200.00 and a lot more depending on the maker.

If your friend .45 is and original 1911 with a military history in might be worth while to find an exporter.

If you could pictures make and model would be a big help.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No its probably a 1911 clone worth about 200$ in Sweden if you find a buyer. Pistols what are not competitive in our local competitions are not so interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are an active competition shooter then there are maybe a few thousand like you in the USA. Very few of these guns will be suitable for NRA type competition. However, most of the guns sold in the USA are destined to be "car guns" and house guns for when the commies come to take away our guns. Under those conditions, anything that goes "bang" will do. Additionally, the market in the US is saturated (IMHO) with major manufacturers offering rebates to move overstock, hence depressing the used market. Used guns in the US are generally a great buy as they have been hardly used!
High quality target pistols retain and increase in value. Guns like S&W 41, S&W 52, Hammerli's, High Standard's and accurized 45's with proven accuracy.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I still have my S+W 41 + my Les Baer,45 for accurate comp shooting. I have sold the Hammeli's + High standards as they are not up to what I consider 'snuff' for what I want in performance.As to the S+W 52;I would love one but really don't to reload for the 38 super;I have too many calibres to load for already.Sorry,not tooting my horn but it is a crying shame that you are being subjected to these laws. Well for those concerned in the USA,pay attention!! This is where we are heading.Support the NRA as that is our only bastion left.Mores the pity that I have to petition before men what was already given by God.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes its not legal to leave a firearm in your car or to carry it for selfdefence if you dont have a special permission (which comes after you have got police bodyguard protection). Its not any need for carrying anyway if you are not dealing with drugs or in other ways are a criminal. Criminals in Sweden pays 5-10 times as much for an illegal firearm than we sportshooters do for a legal.

Yes it would be nice to be able to get some interesting pistols just for target practice, collecting firearms are a possibility but they are not allowed to be used for shooting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As to the S+W 52;I would love one but really don't to reload for the 38 super

I thought the S@W 52's were chambered for 38spl wad cutter.

They made some in 38 super interesting.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P dog, I think that Norman made an honest mistake. I have several 38 Supers and none of them can compare with the S&W 52 in 38 Special. My High Standard has several barrels: 5 1/2" bull, 7 1/8" (which I use for 50 yard slowfire) and a 5 1/2" Volquartsen. All are more accurate than I am!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. I could have sworn that was in 38 super.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you allowed to shoot any type of action pistol matches( steel challenge, idpa, etc)? We shoot steel challenge matches every week throughout the spring and summer. I would guess that most of our shooters have never done any bullseye shooting and have no interest in it. In action pistol competition functionality is far more important than absolute accuracy, which means you can be competitive with just about any handgun. Action attracts a lot more shooters, particularly the younger ones. More shooters equals more demand for the guns which usually equals higher prices. And it is a lot of fun! These matches can usually be made to fit indoor ranges, so can be shot year round.
Just something to think about?
C.G.B.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point CGB. The range I belong to has several plate racks which are fun to shoot. Back in the day, the Bianchi Cup was a fun shoot, although the "Mover" required special equipment. Not sure whether they have that event any more, and, the Bianchi Cup doesn't seem to get as much attention.
To compete in some of your events does require some modifications to the gun however eg. extended mag. releases, extended slide release, flared mag. wells etc.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Are you allowed to shoot any type of action pistol matches"

Today my club arranged a Scandinavian type of action shooting called Fältskytte. The match are shot at different shaped targets at different distance, six shots per station with some stationary targets, some pull up targets, a swingset target and a turning target. Time per station 12-15 seconds, classes A pistol 7,65-.45, B .32 pistol, C pistol .22lr, R revolver.

https://www.pistolskytteforbun...renar/faltskjutning/

Our club also have blackpowder percussion revolver/pistol competitions and cowboy action shooting.

IPSC Dynamic shooting are also a action pistol sport.
https://sdssf.se/dynamiskt-skytte/

And the .45 are getting a new owner as a gift within our club.