THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    The New FN kind of like a HI-Power pistol.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New FN kind of like a HI-Power pistol.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Calling the new FN a Browning High Power pistol is very misleading.

They changed every thing except the looks.

Non of the parts are interchange able. the locking mechanize is different. Doesn't even sound like the magazines inter change.

It is 6oz heaver, it is taller and longer.

Makes me wonder if it still fits Like a High Power.

A full write up in August Rifleman.

No thank you.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Springfield SA35 is best modern copy.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I read the article in the Rifleman as well, + I agree that is not the Hi-Power that we love. There are many out there now cloning the original design + they are selling like hotcakes. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
In name only.

Steve...........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I liked the SA-35 as well as my Hi Power. The trigger wasnt great but an easy fix, and seems to be jam proof, finish is great..I sure have given it a workout, and gave the HI Power I carried for 40 years to my grandson, a cattle inspector state police...Balance and feel are the same..Im satisfied based on owning one and using it, not guess and by gosh..but I like the S&W GSX for carrying in my golden years and my Ruger LCP gets a lot of carry use as its so small and compact..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote