New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 recoil sping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Years ago, I ran a chisel into my left hand, severing some nerves/tendons Hand works OK, but lost a fair amount of "feeling"..hard to grasp the slide.

Any thoughts about replacing the spring with a weaker one?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

I think it'll make racking the slide a little easier. It'll also allow the action to slam back a little harder and accelerate wear on the slide stop a little bit given the same ammunition. It can also cause feed issues/failure to return to full lockup if too light.

I think you could also get some help from lightening your hammer spring.

I'd call Cajun gunworks and see what they thought. They do a lot of spring/action work on CZ's.

HTH,
Steve

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's exactly the kind of information I need...thanks much

Posts: 3435 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
skl1 gave good advice. I just stumbled upon czfirearms.us with a question regarding magazines for my CZ-75.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
my buddy uses a 12ga snap caps, I forget the brand, to rack the slide.

The top of the snap cap is open, rest the barrel in the cap and push down.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Years ago, I ran a chisel into my left hand, severing some nerves/tendons Hand works OK, but lost a fair amount of "feeling"..hard to grasp the slide.

Any thoughts about replacing the spring with a weaker one?

Wolf makes a spring kit that I have used on all 3 of my CZ-75's. (with a slide stop buffer) Reducing spring tension of trigger spring cuts DA pull about in half (doesn't do much for SA pull) & reduced slide spring by a couple lbs. makes it tolerable for my arthritic clubs rotflmo tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much.I'll try the kit. OK to use full power load, I guess?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

Wolfe makes several kits. I think you'll be okay with regular factory loads with the action spring set tsturm recommends. Factory spring is usually as heavy as will still allow action to cycle back and pick up next round. Heavy enough to only eject 0 to 3 feet away. Action pistol competitors I think usually are looking for light enough spring to eject 6 or 8 feet away. This is at the expense of some extra wear on gun, likely slide stop pin. I wouldn't think this isn't going to be a big deal with non +P loads.

You can use the ejection distance to tune how heavy or light the loads you use are compared to recoil spring. If spring is too light though the gun might not go fully into battery, so just keep an eye on that.

Wolfe also has tuning packs with 4 or 5 springs from 12lbs to 17lbs you can try out. This is primarily around recoil spring, though you can also adjust hammer spring (or even firing pin spring/magazine springs).

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the more 'mature' older gentlemen I shoot with are switching to revolvers for their every day carry because their arthritic hands have trouble manipulating the slides on semi-autos. The new uber compacts are the worst. Also loading the magazines on some of these guns without a loader is almost impossible. Lighter springs and lighter loads are ok but the frame can take a beating with much use.
C.G.B.