THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Cz Accushadow 2: Why allowed in USPSA production , but not in IPSC production class?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cz Accushadow 2: Why allowed in USPSA production , but not in IPSC production class?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Rules for USPSA state that 2000 units need to be produced for public sale. IPSC rules call for 5000 to be produced. Is this the only reason the Accushadow 2 isn’t allowed in IPSC? All five flavors of the Shadow 2 models are made for competition. However, the Accushadow 2 has been spruced up with a 1911 style barrel bushing, a better hammer, longer firing pin, lighter springs, and a super sweet trigger job, all done by the U.S. based CZ custom shop. The Shadow 2 Orange is legal in both association’s production class. It seems very little different from the Accushadow 2. It has a similar barrel bushing, and a factory tuned trigger that, while not quite as good as the Accushadow 2, is still a good bit better than the standard Shadow 2. The Shadow 2 Orange is also priced a little higher than the Accushadow 2, so what gives? What’s the reasoning behind the rule differences? Are they arbitrary or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3283 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just researched the pistol a bit. What makes it worth 2 grand? Are you looking to use it in Production Class?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Just researched the pistol a bit. What makes it worth 2 grand? Are you looking to use it in Production Class?
Peter.

I suppose it’s due to the fact that enough folks are willing to buy them for the company to turn a profit. One can spend $5-7K on a full on custom 2011. The accushadow 2 does have a sweet trigger and it’s quite accurate. A good shooter can run one pretty darn fast, which is part of some shooting sports. My 17 year old son and I are interested in competing in production class. I traded into an Accushadow 2. I tried the triggers on six different Shadow 2 Orange pistols, but the Accushadow 2 trigger was so much nicer that I ended up with it.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3283 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
Rules for USPSA state that 2000 units need to be produced for public sale. IPSC rules call for 5000 to be produced. Is this the only reason the Accushadow 2 isn’t allowed in IPSC? All five flavors of the Shadow 2 models are made for competition. However, the Accushadow 2 has been spruced up with a 1911 style barrel bushing, a better hammer, longer firing pin, lighter springs, and a super sweet trigger job, all done by the U.S. based CZ custom shop.... Are they arbitrary or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

Per IPSC rules (Appendix D4, 17):
"Aftermarket parts, components and accessories are prohibited..."

The few exceptions are open sights, magazines and grip panels.

IPSC considers CZ to be the OEM, and anything CZ custom does to be aftermarket modifications.

Good luck in USPSA.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
Rules for USPSA state that 2000 units need to be produced for public sale. IPSC rules call for 5000 to be produced. Is this the only reason the Accushadow 2 isn’t allowed in IPSC? All five flavors of the Shadow 2 models are made for competition. However, the Accushadow 2 has been spruced up with a 1911 style barrel bushing, a better hammer, longer firing pin, lighter springs, and a super sweet trigger job, all done by the U.S. based CZ custom shop.... Are they arbitrary or what? Inquiring minds want to know.

Per IPSC rules (Appendix D4, 17):
"Aftermarket parts, components and accessories are prohibited..."

The few exceptions are open sights, magazines and grip panels.

IPSC considers CZ to be the OEM, and anything CZ custom does to be aftermarket modifications.

Good luck in USPSA.

That sounds like a very reasonable answer to my question. Thanks! I think one could rationalize that the Shadow 2 Orange is “factory custom”. I guess they have to draw a line somewhere. Thanks again.

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My apologies CM, it has been a while since I competed and so I am out of touch with current prices! I have a couple of race guns in 9x21, one of which is a CZ and the other is an EAA. Almost identical! They did not cost me anything close to $2K. These, and my 38 Supers, are my favorite guns.
On a separate note, does anyone compete with striker fired pistols?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My apologies CM, it has been a while since I competed and so I am out of touch with current prices! I have a couple of race guns in 9x21, one of which is a CZ and the other is an EAA. Almost identical! They did not cost me anything close to $2K. These, and my 38 Supers, are my favorite guns.
Peter

No apology necessary. Two thousands dollars is no small sum, but I rationalized (perhaps irrationally) that if it motivated my son to spend more time with his totally uncool dad, it would be money well spent. There are quite a few folks competing well with striker fired pistols. Striker fired is just not for me. I can’t hit the broad side of a barn with them. I own a Glock 43x for use as a house gun, but that is only because all of my family members MIGHT use it effectively for home defense without too much thought.

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
because all of my family members MIGHT use it effectively for home defense without too much thought.

That IS the key, knowing the exact state of the firearm. My S&W has no safety for just that reason: pick it up and press the trigger.
Peter

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Peter

Carry Optics division at Nationals has been won with a Sig striker gun for the last several years.

A lot of Production shooters use striker fired pistols.

Two years ago the winner of the Limited division won it with a customized Glock (still striker fired), though he shot it because he is being sponsored by them.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote