New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 target us made
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has any bought shoot or has any opinions on a sig p210 ?

Thinking of getting one.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Rant /

My buddy's is stuck in New York PD hell. It's now taking 6 months to get approval to buy a handgun in NYC and that is if you already have a non-carry license.

Last year 2 guys in my club went CZ Tac Sport Orange instead. They are very happy. Will take a dot. the dot mount on the 210 is a bit rube

/Rant

Posts: 6348 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of the best 9mm made but it's much to good for a blaser man Big Grin

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
one of the best 9mm made but it's much to good for a blaser man Big Grin

I will be getting one for sure then Big Grin

But the American one. The big blaser dealer - mad dog guns - is also the main importer of the German built ones. They are like $5k.

I will go American. I assume they run a CNC machine as well in New Hampshire as they do in Germany.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Some original P-210s go even higher. It's amazing more companies haven't copied the CZ model of the slide rails fit inside the frame and not outside.

My CZ-75 is great, but did they copy the 210? I'm confused now. I know Tangfolio and IMI made CZ copies, but why no one else?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Some original P-210s go even higher. It's amazing more companies haven't copied the CZ model of the slide rails fit inside the frame and not outside.

My CZ-75 is great, but did they copy the 210? I'm confused now. I know Tangfolio and IMI made CZ copies, but why no one else?

Machine work is very expensive in the age of plastic frame handguns.

Need fit and finish and machining to be exception to compete with the glocks of the world.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the sig p210.

Will shoot it next week. No 9mm ammo anywhere. Will need to dig into my stockpile.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot the sig p210 today. It’s my new favorite handgun.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, it is the Swiss watch of handguns. I will predict you will have several in the future. A 4” CCW, a straight target model. Now you have to search for an appropriate custom leather holster.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlfguns:
Congratulations, it is the Swiss watch of handguns. I will predict you will have several in the future. A 4” CCW, a straight target model. Now you have to search for an appropriate custom leather holster.

I agree

This is going to be a good path to go down. Get rid of second and third tier handguns and buy Different p210.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
They're beautiful. Congratulations!

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have one, too. It is a tack driver. I rank it right up there with the Colt Gold Cup and the CZ 75 Tactical Sport.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’m going to have to get one now.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a P210 Target 3 weeks ago and the workmanship, finish and smoothness of the action is amazing. I have not shot it yet. I may be trading it along with 10 other guns I have on a high end double rifle so I'm waiting to see if I go through with the deal before shooting the P210.

Posts: 136 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an American P210 this past Tuesday. I have only 200-250 rounds thru it. There’s a very small amount of slide play and and the trigger was a little inconsistent during the 1st stage but has smoothed out to a great and consistent pull.

I’ve been playing with rifles this year and my accuracy with handguns has suffered. But it seems to be very accurate. I’m 72 years old and was able to shoot offhand 15 yard groups under 3 inches with it. The rain and humidity is keeping from enjoying it as much as I would like. So far, I’m happy with it.

Posts: 150 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from pasture from shooting my Sig P210. It’s more accurate than I am. I fired 96 rounds total, 16 rounds at each target. Next to last target I fired 16 rounds one handed and I was surprised that I stayed in the black. Last target was back to a 2 hand hold and all but 3 made a ragged one hole group. All targets was fired at 17 yards according to my rangefinder.

I also fired my Colt Government Model Series 80 and was impressed with it. The other day I was again disappointed with my Glock 19. Somedays I shoot it like a house afire and other days I shoot it awful. After 6 years of being disappointed at times with it, I put it in the safe and pulled out my Colt GM. It is now my carry pistol.

Prior to buying my P210 Target, I looked at a P210 Standard thinking it would make a decent carry pistol after adjusting trigger pull up to near 4 pounds. But I’m not for that now due to the magazines. I’ve read and also discovered that if removing a magazine with rounds still in it, the top round will fall out. Also there’s a possibility that you may lose a round pulling it from a mag carrier. The follower needs a dimple on it. Over than that, the Standard would make a good carry gun if trigger pull is increased. Mine is 2#5 ounces. In over 300 rounds it has been completely reliable even with hollow points. Mine does fit fine in my 1911 holsters.

Posts: 150 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I think we're fortunate that newly-manufactured 210s actually exist. My only experience is with a 1980s model 210-6 in 9mm I bought on a whim, but couldn't pass it up years ago.

Pretty sure that I was the first to fire the one I have, and I've yet to break it in. Because of their accuracy reputation, I worked up loads Stephen Camp developed with a similar piece.

So far, 124 grain Hornady XTPs have, as Camp mentioned, proved to be the most accurate. I didn't have much luck with 115 grain bullets at least in Winchester White Box and handloads. The XTPs are great because of the cone shape as they feed flawlessly and are consistently accurate.

I'll have to check my book, but I was using a fairly heavy load of Unique with XTPs and shooting off a rest at 50 yds. (not meters).

I agree on the heel mag release. It's comically slow. It ought to have a ring on the bottom to grab it to pull it out. It's not drop-free to put it lightly.

One other gripe is the safety. I don't mind its placement. It's not awkward, but could use a slight extension to manipulate.

The safety also has over-travel. You can run the safety past the detent and it will score a line "below safe." I felt pretty dumb the first time I did it, or after doing it enough times to develop a Swiss version of a 1911 idiot scratch, but it always irked me. Never heard of a safety going past the detent, but I'm used to firearms that usually don't have that set-up.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That really is a gorgeous pistol, Mike. And we can all thank this gentleman for coming up with key SIG design elements for the lowly little French Model 35A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Petter

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it really is. I have not shot the 210 but I did have a 220 a few years back + I could not get used to the totally right-hand design. (I'm left handed) + ALL Germans are right handed, as I learned growing up there. I was made to sit on my left hand while eating. That is a beautiful pistol, enjoy it!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
The newer version of the 210 has a lot of good features with controls to align it with a 1911 configuration - the best of both worlds, Americanized.

I like the grips on your 210 with the palm swell, too. Along with that, the squared off trigger guard/ serrations, side mag release, extended beavertail, along with the humped slide to grasp are all nice, well-thought additions.

It's pretty difficult to find fault with those improvements on a re-issue of a long-lost, respected design that might never have existed again otherwise.

If you can, do some 25 yd off-hand, slow-fire shooting and report results. They're such accurate pistols it would be nice to see how they perform against Colt 1911s, CZs, etc. I'll be hitting the range in two weeks, so I'll try to share my info in another thread soon. I'm not a great shot, but want to give mine out a bit, too...

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I been on the fence about buying one of these for a few years. Always tried to find a justifiable reason to own one but never came up with a good answer. Finally said fuck it and bought one. It should be here in a week. We aren’t getting any younger and cash is losing more and more of its buying power every day.
Also purchased a CZ 75 Shadow 2. Should be interesting to compare the two.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6588 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I been on the fence about buying one of these for a few years. Always tried to find a justifiable reason to own one but never came up with a good answer. Finally said fuck it and bought one. It should be here in a week. We aren’t getting any younger and cash is losing more and more of its buying power every day.
Also purchased a CZ 75 Shadow 2. Should be interesting to compare the two.

I like your style. The P-210 has always been cool. I have a pre import or whatever CZ-75 that still shoots better than my Wilson Combat 92, P-226, any Glock, or other pistols in 9mm. Hi-Power is the closest. The pain is finding magazines for my old girl. I’ve bought a few that just won’t work. They say file down the mag well. I won’t.

I may have to look into the modern ones, I have a feeling you’ll love both.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I ended up replacing the bulbous target grips on my P210 target. I have large hands, but could not reach the slide release with my shooting hand.

I bought a set of Armory Craft.

They make the pistol much more handy and manageable.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote