THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    learned something new to me SA 1911

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

learned something new to me SA 1911
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
the ejector is glued in and not by much.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine's pinned. But it's old. Probably 1987'ish.

Not a great design "improvement".

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
swapped out a 45 top on an SA to a Colt (9mm marked) slide and 38 Super barrel. Worked fine with the 38Super ejector just floating there.

Factory 45 recoil spring and 38S +p

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
the ejector is glued in and not by much.

It would be nice to see detailed pictures

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I'll get pics of the SA frame over the weekend. It's the same as a colt but no ejector cross pin.

I have 3 slides that are 9mm rim diameter. one is marked 9mm the other 2 have no caliber markings.
All work with 9mm or 38Super barrels.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Common. Properly done it is not going anywhere. That said, pinned is always better

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JamesStambough
posted Hide Post
My TRP had a glued in ejector too, I changed out all the MIM parts for forged/machine made ones. I had to use a propane torch to heat the ejector enough to soften the glue but it came out pretty easily.

Posts: 31 | Location: Eastern Kentucky  | Registered: 11 February 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If one wants it pin drill it and put a pin in it.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good idea. Glued in is just a bad idea. I recall a few years ago in the Snap-On tool truch, they had a box of plastic pop rivets marked Pontiac body kit. Yep, you dent a quarter panel, they just install a new one using plastic pops. Gives one a great feeling about a collision.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even worse then that in the mid 90's some full size dodge vans had their head light assemblies velcroid on.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About 15 years ago I had a customer's wife come to pick up a chimney cap + my dog at the time bit through the front bumper of her new F-150 P.U. She was pissed, understandably, so I didn't charge her for the cap but told her you should REALLY be concerned with a front bumper that a dog can bite through.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pds:

ahh, maybe I'm saved, my mid 90's Dodge is a

Ram.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
pds:

ahh, maybe I'm saved, my mid 90's Dodge is a

Ram.

George

I think it was a very short lived idea.

One of Us
Picture of JamesStambough
posted Hide Post
My TRP has/had a glued in ejector. I changed it to a Wilson bulletproof. I had to heat the old part to soften the glue, whatever kind it was. Used red locktite to hold the new part in place. I considered getting a gunsmith to drill the frame for the standard roll pin but decided the ejector can’t come out even if it’s not secured unless the slide is off the frame so I left it alone.

Posts: 31 | Location: Eastern Kentucky  | Registered: 11 February 2022Reply With Quote