Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Mags
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
What do y'all consider the best padded single stack magazine value for the Government 1911.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McCormicks seem to have a good reputation. You can always add rubber pads to any mag.
FWIW, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I've a few 8 round McCormick Shooting Star magazines - never had a problem. I've got some Wilson 8 round magazines - never had a problem. I've got some Pachmayr 7 round magazines - never had a problem. By the way, the Pachmayr's allow me to use semi-wadcutters with no problem in my Springfield Armory 1911. In all, I've never had a problem with any of the above.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well to tell the truth - i like the old WWI mags that had the top half hardened, and yes i do have some Big Grin thumb and no they are not for sale thumbdown middlefinger(i just had to use that smiley someplace)

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you look at serious pistol competitors using a 1911, everyone uses the wilsons

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

Either Wilson, McCormick, or Megs.

7 rounders might be slightly more reliable than 8 rounders.

I have been shooting 1911's since 1968.

Many, many days I have fired over 1000 [one thousand] rounds in a day.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input.

Rusty

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

A good way to carry extra magazines so they do not get dort or water on them is in a Pelican 1020 case.

If your base pads are not too large it will hold 6 magazines.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my experience McCormick and WIlson are both excellent.

ANyone use Les Baer?

Posts: 41 | Location: southern Cal. | Registered: 08 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Wilson 47Ds are pretty much the gold standard. McCormicks are very good.
Tripp Cobra Mags are a little more expensive but as good or better than the Wilsons in my experience.

http://www.trippresearch.com/C...ducts/1911/1911.html

I've used the Les Baer mags that came with my Baer pistols and they are the equal of the McCormicks and maybe even the Wilsons.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bradhe:
If you look at serious pistol competitors using a 1911, everyone uses the wilsons

From what I've seen hanging on the belts at USPSA/IPSC matches, Chip McCormick Power Mags,
8 and 10 rounders, are favored by most of the shooters.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
All i use in my TRP is Wilson 47D's and the two factory mags it came with. I've never had a malfunction. I've used McCormicks in my old Kimber with no problems also.

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson's but pricey. The CMPM is a good mag for the money. I haven't got a lot of rounds through the CMPM I bought to replace some Wislon's I gave my PH when he was visiting, but they run 100% in several diff. 1911s.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote