THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    holster needed for .38sp Taurus

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

holster needed for .38sp Taurus
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone hav a taurus 5 shot revolver in .38spl
if so what holster do you hav
i am looking for a sidearm holster but havivng trouble sourcing out a correct fitting holster for it
plenty of Taurus holster's available but no one seems to know which is the correct one that will fit
any suggestions as once i get that info it won't be to hard to get the right holster
many thanks

Posts: 238 | Location: coventry, England | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a taurus 85 2" that is my ccw gun. I use the Galco Waistband Inside the Pants Holster. I believe the Galco part number is WB156. They are currently out of stock, but should be available in August.

If you just do a search for taurus 85 on Gunbroker, it will bring up options.

Hope it helps.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers Larry
being new to pistols ,still trying to work out what is what as there was very little choice and availabity at the time i bought mine, hence the question as they stocked the pistol + ammo but nothing else
from what i gather mine is an 85 3" from what i read on the box it came in
so thanks for your advice as i now hav a direction to head in
cheers

Posts: 238 | Location: coventry, England | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard, also check with Blackhawk. I believe they may have some to fit as well.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Fobus makes a holster for the Taurus 85. I use one for a Beretta 92. My only complaint is the muzzle hang outs of the bottom.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard E:
Does anyone hav a taurus 5 shot revolver in .38spl
if so what holster do you hav
i am looking for a sidearm holster but havivng trouble sourcing out a correct fitting holster for it
plenty of Taurus holster's available but no one seems to know which is the correct one that will fit
any suggestions as once i get that info it won't be to hard to get the right holster
many thanks

One does not need model specific holster. Just look for Galco or Bianchi for S&W revolver of similar frame size and barrel length. I could not find quality holster for my Freedom Arms .454 but had holster for N-frame S&W 6" from piece I traded on the FA and with minor modification it's pretty much perfect fit. I found that H&K P7 Bianchi #19L also fits Soviet Makorov and Colt Pocket Nine even though all three pistols look very different.

One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
Go with Galco. I've been pleased with all 6 of mine.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not get the Blackhawk Serpa for the smith and wesson j frame, it will NOT fit

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
The Uncle Mikes size 36 should be a good fit also.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote