Find
Notify
Tools

SA 35
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Have the new Springfield High Powers hit the shelves? I haven't found any yet. Springfield told me they are shipping them every week but that may just be their 'canned' answer.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
Have the new Springfield High Powers hit the shelves? I haven't found any yet. Springfield told me they are shipping them every week but that may just be their 'canned' answer.

Steve........

They have come out and sell for $900-$1000. Distributor pricing used to be around $510.

I would not buy it anywhere near where it is selling on gunbroker.

Springfield will make a ton of these guns.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
It looks like MSRP is around $699. Like you said the prices on GB are ridiculous and I won't touch one for that amount. I am hoping that after they catch up a little and the grabbers get theirs the real world price will come down and I can enjoy one.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker.
$1250 plus with several bids.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I'll pass for that price.

Steve.....

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I know Steve.
Still fun to watch.
Last 3 sold on GB .... 1400, 1450, 1500
Crazy.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
I know Steve.
Still fun to watch.
Last 3 sold on GB .... 1400, 1450, 1500
Crazy.

If buying a a collector piece one is going to have to wait a long time to recoup ones money.

Posts: 19341 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Wow, I didn't know they got that high. There will be nothing but watching going on for quite a while. At least I have a MkII and MkIII to play with until some sanity returns to the pricing.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hope your wait is a short one.
I'll stick with my R1 for now. Works fine.

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I think it will be quite a long wait.
I have one of the ERPC manufactured R1's. It doesn't have any of the QC problems with the early ERPC R1's.
I wonder if this "new" Remington will bring back quality made 1911 R1's?

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Steve,
My ERPC works fine. Is this an early serial number? # RH08XXA Please advise if you can. I thought R1's were all created equal. Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like my hi-powers.

They still fit my hands like they did when I picked up my first one in 1975.

When I said I really need one of these.

But I have found others that are better suited for every day carry.

I do not think I well buy a new one unless maybe they come out with one in stainless steel.

Or a Poly frame.

Mad stir Eeker popcorn

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
custombolt

Mine is RH06XXA, I tried calling the ph number I had for ERPC to see if they were still around and it doesn't go through anymore, I remember I had quite a nice conversation with the guy several years ago. My R1 runs very good and is one of the most accurate 1911's I have.

p dog shooter

That was about the first time I shot one myself. I do like the High Powers too. I'm more of a blued/wood type person myself. I like some nice figure in my pistol grips too.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm more of a blued/wood type person myself. I like some nice figure in my pistol grips too.

I do like the looks of fine wood and blued handguns.

But when it comes to the ones used every day they do not stay good looking for long.

Having been a law enforcement armorer for decades.

I inspected hundreds of handguns every year.

The ones that held up the best are the ones made out of stainless steel with some type of man made grip material.

Every day carry is hard on a handgun.

If your blued steel wood gripped hand gun still looks good. You haven't been carrying it every day.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Mine ran fine too. Need to get it out again soon.

quote:
custombolt

Mine is RH06XXA, I tried calling the ph number I had for ERPC to see if they were still around and it doesn't go through anymore, I remember I had quite a nice conversation with the guy several years ago. My R1 runs very good and is one of the most accurate 1911's I have.

Steve........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, today I saw a video on Youtube of the new Girsan MC P35 which is a Browning HiPower clone. For $400!!
Not readily available yet but I have had very good experiences with EAA imports. No magazine disconnect. No bevelled magazine well. One 15 round magazine.
I would (and will) get this over a Springfield.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I saw those Girsans also, I think I'll pick up one of those also. I have had very good results with EAA stuff most notably Witness steel frame pistols.
My 10mm Witness has an extra barrel in 9x25 Dillon and the 40 S&W pistol has a 357 Sig barrel for it. And the 45 acp has a 400 Corbon barrel to go with it.
Still watching that SA35 though, think it'll be a while to come.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

one of us
posted Hide Post
Id buy a Belgium oldie for the kind of money they are pimping those guns at..Im going to wait until the new wears off, and buy one at about the recommended price set by Springfield, but I also what to see one of the FNs before I jump..I game my 40 year old LE Browning (Selsia) to my grandson a couple of months ago..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41798 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I picked up my SA 35 yesterday. I ordered it from Midway USA and got it for MSRP. I have done this with several HKs as well. Just setup a notification and purchase when it comes in. Avoid Gunbroker crazy prices.

Nice pistol, BUT the recoil spring was rusty and there was some rust on the slide and frame inside. I read about this in some reviews. Didn't believe until I saw it. It was also tested fired and not cleaned. And it was was barely lubed. I cleaned it up. Will shoot next week. Trigger feels nice.

I sent springfield a note about the rust.

I may have it polished blued or cerakote in "blue"

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
AH, looking forward to your thoughts on it once you have put in some range time. It certainly is a handsome handgun.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16337 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
AH, looking forward to your thoughts on it once you have put in some range time. It certainly is a handsome handgun.

Will do. Doing to run a bunch of 147 gr FMJ I have through it.

My go to 9mm load in my other pistols has been the Freedom Munitions 135gr +P. Accurate in my FN509T and 365XL. Nice recoil.

I have a number of different loads I cycle through all of my new pistols to see what works best. The only finnicky weapon has been a 9mm AR from Aero that I built.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Just looked up that Freedom Munitions load. Might have to try a couple of boxes through the new Shield Plus.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16337 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I read the article on this new one a few months ago in American Rifleman. Sounds like a sweet deal. I have an original Belgian so I don't NEED another...yet. But I'm glad that repros are being made. The Hi-Power is a fabulous pistol. Yeah, it will be good to hear your report.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting for Girsans to show up!
Noot sure I like the idea of Springfields arriving rusted though!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to give Springfield the benefit of the doubt at this point until we hear of other rust cases. That could be just a fluke or a local humidity issue. I've never had bad luck with any of their products.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the springfield is a SA-35 and by springfield, the one I saw was awesome...The Girsan by FN as I understand it is byBrowning...I saw one at the Filer gun show and the finish looked like licorce, a black nickle looking finish?? I was not impressed..I will buy the first SA-35 I see for sale at $700 or less..I put my name in the midway notification box..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41798 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, when you get it, please give a test report. It got high rates in the American Rifleman.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a sa35 - $800.

Plan to shoot it a fair bit and already upgrade kits for $100 are available.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw in the new "American Rifleman" that EAA has jumped on the bandwagon + is making their new hi-power as well. I think there is enough interest in that platform that everyone will make good sales.

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
The EAA is the Girsan pistol which looks good on paper. I would be interested in one to add to my small High Power collection (for the right price) and an SA 35 too.

Has anyone here done business with

www.armoryhome.com/

I was going to place an order with them for some ammo and they only take Zelle, Venmo and Cashapp. That to me was a red flag.

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The EAA is the Girsan pistol which looks good on paper. I would be interested in one to add to my small High Power collection (for the right price) and an SA 35 too.

Has anyone here done business with

www.armoryhome.com/

I was going to place an order with them for some ammo and they only take Zelle, Venmo and Cashapp. That to me was a red flag.

Steve..........

Fraud fraud fraud

No credit cards = fraud fraud fraud

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought an SA-35 on Friday coming second day mail..I got it for $850..At my age waiting is not acceptable as a rule. Had to add on taxes and ffL dealer..That was eating a bit of crow, but I couldn"t wait..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Ray but I just gotta say it, kinda like buying green bananas? Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prices are dropping. Plenty on Gunbrokers starting in the low #700's

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ran into a guy this afternoon at the grocery store + we got to talking; he just bought 2 of the new SA35s from GT's in Austin for $625.00 ea. They used to sell to LEO only, then added retired military as well, who knows now, but they generally have good prices + if you are local, worth a look.

Posts: 4151 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I just bought three of the new Mec-Gar 15 round mags for my Browning. Good price on them from CDNN. Nice to get two more rounds per mag.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13367 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like my SA35 as well as my HI power. The trigger had a glitch in it but easy fix, fit and finish was great and accuracy and function was top notch..However I traded it for a 1911 38 super, a caliber Im sold on and have been for years.

I wish colt would come out with the colt Commander in ss or brushed nickel like the original in the 38 Super//

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
I bought my new SA-35 two or three months ago for $649.99+ tax (my only firearm chambered in 9mm) and have ran about 800 rounds through it so far.....not one function problem so far and it does a good job of hitting the 25 yd. steel plates.

It's a keeper.

Posts: 230 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
nothing against SA but if it's not bullseye accuracy then 3-4" at 50 ft is fine.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa...c-p35-9mm-black.html

Posts: 6375 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote