New
Find
Notify
Tools

FNH 45 TACTICAL
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any use of familiar with FNH 45 Tactical?

I really don't like handguns but am thinking of getting this one (its expensive $1150) because it has threaded barrel (I am too get my suppressors in next 3 months), has a MOS/red dot cut out (i am only buying handguns with red dot and it felt good in my hands.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I am not familiar with the FNH 45 tactical. However, a couple of comments. First prices on GunBroker seem to be a bit less than your number, although the sold price may well be close.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/579612191
Second, you are aware that this is a double stack 45? For me that means that the grip size is too big. I can handle a double stack 40 but not a double stack 45. You may want to hold one of these first. Double stack 38 Supers and 9x21's are very comfortable for me, but the 40 is about as large as I can comfortably go.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Mike, I am not familiar with the FNH 45 tactical. However, a couple of comments. First prices on GunBroker seem to be a bit less than your number, although the sold price may well be close.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/579612191
Second, you are aware that this is a double stack 45? For me that means that the grip size is too big. I can handle a double stack 40 but not a double stack 45. You may want to hold one of these first. Double stack 38 Supers and 9x21's are very comfortable for me, but the 40 is about as large as I can comfortably go.
Peter

I have big hands - the gun fits me well. It has a cz75/cz97 feel to it. It a big gun for sure.

I really need to stop buying more guns but i have 10 suppressors coming in next 3-4 months.

I need/am buying a

1) 9 mm (cz 75 sp-01 tactical)
2) 45 - leaning towards a FNH 45
3) A 22 pistol - no idea - maybe a ruger 22/45
4) A ruger precision rifle in 308 - i heard good things about 6.5 but I dont want new calibers to deal with
5) ruger american ranch rifle in 300 blackout.
6) cz 22 bolt with a threaded barrel

I keep saying I am done buying guns and I keep buying more guns.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FN makes good pistols as long as you like it and it fits go for it.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Great quality but the bore axis is a little high for my likes. I wasn't a Glock fan but I have to say I really like my G40 MOS 10MM. I think the same basic gun is available in 45 too. Somewhat lower bore axis and all those erector set add-ons. Smiler Maybe not the 6" barrel but at least 5" and 45ACP won't gain all that much from an inch anyway.

The MOS models are cut for the red dot and you can buy the pistol, sight and a new threaded barrel and aftermarket trigger for not much more than $1150.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote