New
Find
Notify
Tools

gloves?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
need real world reccommendations for a good padded pair of gloves for pistol/revolver shooting. now that arthritis has set in, getting less and less fun to shoot the 44 mags and 45-70 BFR, some 1911s etc. yes i know, google is my friend but its also full of BS. have used heavy padded weight lifting gloves in the past and will probably go back to those but open to alternatives. thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, As I've aged and arthritis seems to be everywhere, I've given up on the heavy calibers and shoot only what doesn't hurt. Expect to be limited to .22's somewhere in the future. It's all I can except after missing the opportunity to die young Smiler

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1059 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i haven't dove hunted for a few years because of the shoulder surgery (mainly). went yesterday and popped off a dozen or so 12 ga. the shoulder was just fine but after the 4th shot, here we go with the wrist and thumb and hand. ok today though. still gonna do it till i can't. maybe when i'm 90.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
john, I've had the same arthritis issue in my left-hand thumb due to shooting over the years + using that hand constantly working my metal snips. Several years ago it got really bad. I started using Glucosamine Chondroiden, it took a couple of months with no notice of improvements then one day it was gone. Maybe you've already tried it but it worked for me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of good ones. G/S, Bob Allen, Caldwell, Mechanix, all are good. Amazon has plenty.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote