New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum CCI Pistol Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 678 small pistol primers (550) and 460 large pistol primers (350) found on my back shelf. Can I use them in non-magnum handgun loads?

I reload for: .45acp .38sp, .357mag, 9mm, .380, and .32auto. Any suggestions?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1038 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done this many times with out any problems. You really need to chronograph your loads, though, as the mag primers will raise velocities and pressures. So if you want to duplicate your standard primer loads you will have to back off the powder a bit. How much? I can't say, just start a little lower and see where you need to go.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Found a pail of .357s so there goes the small primers. Think I'll put the large magnums is the for sale thread and ask to trade for bullets (?).

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1038 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have cast up 38/357/9mm + 45 ACP bullets. What kind of trade do you have in mind?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 350's that I have are the (old?) red box ones. Still want to trade for .45's? I would, in addition to a trade, buy .45's 9mm/.38 should you want to sell some.

Noticed you are in Austin. I have several friends in Sun City and even went to an IBM school there many years ago.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found some .45's in the same back shelf where I found the primers; so now I'm interested the the 9mm/.38's.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I looked in the loading room today + weighed out the 38 R.N bullets I have + they are 148G. I have a flat of them, about 200+. Also, I left you a P.M. about the 44 Keith style 250G that I have quite a few of that are cast in linotype. I have more moulds that Carter has pills + I would have to search for my 158G SWC. The 148G. RN I know right where they are; already sized + lubed. Hoping to trade with you on bullets I already have in stock without firing up the lead pot. Your thoughts?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The .38 round nose 148g will work fine. What do you think a good trade would be? Oh by the way,found some large rifle primers if you are interested: 700+ WLR and 1000 CCI200.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely interested in the other primers as well. I'm sure I will need to fire up the pot again. Give me an idea of the number of bullets you would like to see.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
652 cast 9mm. 3-400 cast .38/.357 for starters.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just drop one or two grs/ and you will be good to go, in rifles or pistols. One grain has always worked for me in rifles...in pistols Ive dropped 2 grs for no particular reason..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote