THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    I am thinking about buying a single action revolver.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am thinking about buying a single action revolver.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem with it is the factory ammo is hard to find today. I hand load it but bullets are also hard to find, and I don't like cast bullets, and prefer jacketed hollow points.

With any different caliber I buy one of the first things I do is buy at least a thousand cases, dies and a bunch of bullets.

For handguns I also buy a mold.

I don't need to shoot some of the harder to find stuff often.

Shooting a common caliber is just as good of practice as shooting a odd caliber.

I shoot my 41 a little I shoot my 357/38 and my 44 a lot.

When I pick up my 41 I have no trouble hitting with it.

Posts: 19296 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
The problem with it is the factory ammo is hard to find today. I hand load it but bullets are also hard to find, and I don't like cast bullets, and prefer jacketed hollow points.

With any different caliber I buy one of the first things I do is buy at least a thousand cases, dies and a bunch of bullets.

For handguns I also buy a mold.

I don't need to shoot some of the harder to find stuff often.

Shooting a common caliber is just as good of practice as shooting a odd caliber.

I shoot my 41 a little I shoot my 357/38 and my 44 a lot.

When I pick up my 41 I have no trouble hitting with it.

Though lately, I sometimes have an easier time finding components or even loaded ammo for my more obscure calibers! At one point, I thought about consolidating down to fewer, more popular calibers. Glad I didn't.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People like what they like. The only time I try to dissuade them is when I've had a bad experience that was never resolved to my satisfaction.
When I bought a top of the line AWA SAA it had a problem. The fixed it quickly, no questions asked and when it came back the action was slicker than eel snot.
Did not have that same experience with Turnbull. So in retribution I didn't buy one of their 1892 take-down rifles~!

Posts: 251 | Location: florida | Registered: 20 April 2012Reply With Quote