Find
Notify
Tools

DE Shooters, 429 DE?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Anyone shooting the new 44 cal DE based on the 50 AE case? I thought it interesting but then decided on 429 DE necked to 41. Notice I didn't ask if this was practical??? The DE isn't practical and even almost too large of a grip to handle for my small hands. But I thought the 41 might get a nice push in a necked down 429 DE. Perhaps a 10" barrel would push it even better with something like 231? Anyone have constructive ideas? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have no ideas, constructive or not; I've never even heard of it. But don't let that slow you down; as the wives are usually saying concerning a dress or purse purchase, "What's NEED got to do with it?" Smiler

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
429 DE

Hum just another Desert eagle. I eastly meet those velocities out of my 14 inch contender 44mag. I guess if want another hard to reload (then a straight walled one) bottle neck pistol cartridge go for it.
https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...jectiles%20than%20it's%20big%20.&text=50%20AE%20average%20between%201%2C400,between%201%2C600%20and%201%2C750%20fps.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have to unignore you P dog shooter to know what you said. Probably another bit of your Negative Nancy stuff. If you ever have something positive to say about guns have someone quote you. Then I can see your information. Otherwise don't go away angry. I don't want that, just go away. My prayer for you is to Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My buddy went wild buying brass and the new 297? powder. It is a sweet shooter.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am going the wrong way to 410. Maybe 451 DE would be mo betta. Will have to find out powder capacity in the 429. Be Well, Packy

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
47.4?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't visualize the neck on the 474 projectile while in the case. It seems to me there might not be enough neck to make the bottleneck effect. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Water cap is 47.4.. I believe

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hum just another Desert eagle. I eastly meet those velocities out of my 14 inch contender 44mag. I guess if want another hard to reload (then a straight walled one) bottle neck pistol cartridge go for it.

Here you go! Not sure about the vitriol, but you asked a question! I too wonder about a bottlenecked pistol cartridge. I have a Freedom Arms 475 Linebaugh so I don't need a 429 DE.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why the vitriol anyway? I could get a 45 colt with 7.5" barrel and have the same horsepower without all the snort compared to a 44 manglem. Did I ask about the 429 performance or ask about making a wildcat from that case?? Go back to grade school and learn some reading comprehension. But Be Well, Packy.