Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson Wraith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i am not a 1911 guy.

i picked up a used dan wesson wraith by trading i a lemon of a fnx 45.

i am very impressed.

i may get one in 10mm and 45.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/wraith-copy/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 10mm wraith from Cabelas in Minnesota.

Crazy world we live in 10mm ammo is cheaper and more available than 9mm.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should find and get a Mateba "auto revolver"... its the Blaser of handguns!

Wink

Posts: 10460 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup! They show these as discontinued now.

I really like the Dan Wesson's. All the ones I've seen seemed really well put together. But they sure do change the lineup a fair amount.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
You should find and get a Mateba "auto revolver"... its the Blaser of handguns!

Wink

I will try and get a 45 acp wraith in time. Need a korth revolver and a smith Wesson 648 and I should be done with handguns.

Mateba is ugly.

I may get manurhin m73 revolver.

Nothing beats a blaser. I don’t shoot other rifles other than my steyr ssg69. It can roll with the blasers - produce same groups at 100 yards that the blaser does at 200-300 Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post

10 mm joins 9mm

looking for a 45 now.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the pillow.

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Beretta 682E,

You're fixin' to be...a 1911-A1 guy ;-)

You have an exquisite eye for quality guns.

I've never fired a Dan Wesson 1911-A1. However, before I decided to go exclusively with Springfield Armory 1911-A1s, I did a lot of research. I wanted to avoid mistakes I made with two Colt 1911s. Every review of the Wesson 1911-A1 was superlative. I can't recall reading a single negative word about it.

Now, you've inseminated a prolific baby. My guess is before you get a case of rounds through your Wesson 1911-A1, you'll have added at least two more siblings to your family.

From practical knowledge, wade carefully in lured waters of shorten versions of 1911-A1s. I can tell you from experience that a full-size 1911-A1 is as easy to carry concealed as a shorter version.. The weight differential between a full-size and Officers Model is negligible. And I have never, ever held any other handgun that had the divine, natural point of a full-size 1911-A1. At full-size 1911-A1 virtually point-shoots itself.

I wish you many years of shooting enjoyment with your new 1911-A1. I pray that your beloved Beretta isn't neglected ;-)

Posts: 206 | Location: So Cal | Registered: 03 November 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EMP3:
Hi Beretta 682E,

You're fixin' to be...a 1911-A1 guy ;-)

You have an exquisite eye for quality guns.

I've never fired a Dan Wesson 1911-A1. However, before I decided to go exclusively with Springfield Armory 1911-A1s, I did a lot of research. I wanted to avoid mistakes I made with two Colt 1911s. Every review of the Wesson 1911-A1 was superlative. I can't recall reading a single negative word about it.

Now, you've inseminated a prolific baby. My guess is before you get a case of rounds through your Wesson 1911-A1, you'll have added at least two more siblings to your family.

From practical knowledge, wade carefully in lured waters of shorten versions of 1911-A1s. I can tell you from experience that a full-size 1911-A1 is as easy to carry concealed as a shorter version.. The weight differential between a full-size and Officers Model is negligible. And I have never, ever held any other handgun that had the divine, natural point of a full-size 1911-A1. At full-size 1911-A1 virtually point-shoots itself.

I wish you many years of shooting enjoyment with your new 1911-A1. I pray that your beloved Beretta isn't neglected ;-)

My first and only 1911 was a short Kimber super carry pro and I disliked the gun. I still own it but has not been shot in 7-8 years.

I really like the Dan Wessons and I will try and locate a 45 wraith.

My beretta has barely been used since I moved back to Florida. I need to start throwing some clays soon.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Completed the series. Acquired a Dan Wesson wraith in 45 acp.

These are exceptional handguns and will get well used.

Now I need to find a class on cleaning and servicing a 1911.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Mike