THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    The new Canik TP9 SFX is bargain!!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new Canik TP9 SFX is bargain!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted
Just picked up the new Canik TP9 FSX and it is increadably accurate! What more could a guy ask for for $449.00 bucks. Increadable trigger, great reset, optics ready, ported slide, Cerakoted slide, three different length Mag releases, five different mounting plates for optics with a side charger bar, red or green front fiber sight,adjustable/ interchangeable back strap, light rail and two 20 round mags!!!!

And the barrels warrantied for 60,000 rounds!!

I like the way it feels and handles better than my Springfield XDM 5.25 competitions and it's $300.00 bucks less.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it! It should be pretty accurate due to the long sight radius. Looks like my Glock 17L. I will have to check it out. Where did you get it? Looks like many places are out of stock. Seems like there is a SS version as well. I like the fact that it comes with different mounting plates for optics. Very smart.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
I picked it up at a local shop in Wenatchee WA (Hooked On Toys). It's a large shop that deals in outdoor gear, fishing tackle, Firearms and has a large toy section (Pretty sly Smiler ).

They do ship and had several more of the FSX's and other varied models.

509-663-0740 extension 4. Ask for Shawn or Aaron.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I handled them at the SHOT show this year they handled nice.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I was all set to buy one of the Canik single action models but found a sale of the Ruger 9E on sale for $269.00 and couldn't pass that up.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I plan on getting a tp9 sa. Best trigger I've ever found on a striker fired pistol. I also like the decocker on top of the slide. Most reviews I've read say this is the real deal and will dethrone the Glock as the king of polymer pistols.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are a Turkish made pistol and imported by EAA.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
As is the EAA SAR B6P 9MM. Just ordered one from Classic Firearms for $249.00, $269.00 shipped to my FFL. For $250 I can leave it in my console and not cry if it disappears somehow.

Classic has all kinds of great deals on budget guns. I was pretty surprised.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Dropped by GunFighters Inc and they hooked me up with some Kydex for my SFX.

http://gunfightersinc.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you try the holster that came with the gun? What was wrong with it?
Still waiting for availability to improve!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
I never carried it with the holster it came with. I did check it out, it rearained the handgun well but I prefer a tighter profile. I prefer a handgun in closer. Where a light jacket or shirt can conceal it easily.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You want to conceal a 5.25" handgun? BTW have you heard of CANIK FANATIK? Would the original serve as a competition holster, as claimed?
PETER.

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Yes, the holster provided would serve as such.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want to conceal a 5.25" handgun?

I conceal my glock 35 and Springfield XD 5.25 in colder weather heck in winter time I could conceal a M4.

I carry a full size SR1911 under my suit coat to church every Sunday.

Not every body lives in warm climates.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one today.

I mounted a buris fire dot but it had issues so waiting to get a new one.

Will shoot it This week - lot of gun for the money.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gun shop I bought my canik sold 3 guns today. 2 were put on the shelf today and another was there less than a week.

A glock cost less that $75 to build.

If canik of someone else is willing to give up margin and gain economies of scale - we could have some very good cheap handguns.

The canik with a decocker is a cool carry gun.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If canik of someone else is willing to give up margin and gain economies of scale - we could have some very good cheap handguns.

Hmmm! I thought that marketplace competition was supposed to take care of that!
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to get one of these to try it out.

Interestingly, went to their Turkish web site and in Turkey, the TP9 SFx in Tungsten is priced at 3550 TL, or roughly $960. The Black is 3150 TL or about $850.

We're getting a real bargain over here.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good research GG! I have several EAA handguns including a race gun in 9x21 and they have always performed well. I believe they were made in Turkey. In any case perhaps this is an example of competition working!! I don't know what restrictions there are on handgun ownership in Turkey.
I believe the Yildiz shotguns are Turkish made.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gato/Peter

I shot the pistol today and really liked it.

Soft shooting and a nice trigger for a polymer striker fired gun.

I suck at pistol shooting and don't really like to shoot handguns. I will get a optic on it and maybe that makes me shoot better.

It is a nice gun and I have spent more on pistols that are far inferior (beretta 92f)

I was thinking of a glock 19 as a carry gun but will look at the compact canik when they come in.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:

Hmmm! I thought that marketplace competition was supposed to take care of that!
Peter.

Handguns are patent protected unlike m16/m4.

Need economies of scale and right tooling to have glock prices.

Read this book for all the glock info

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/...&sourceId=PLGoP24104

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
That has been my concern all along. The trigger on a striker fired gun is nowhere near as good as that on a 1911 with a well modified trigger! My 1911 style race guns have extremely good triggers, not good for carry, but excellent as competition guns.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MIke, thanks for the link to the book. I have, of course, heard of it, but never read it! I wonder why they call it "America's Gun". I guess the book explains it, but was it not the sidearm of the German Police or Army?
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
MIke, thanks for the link to the book. I have, of course, heard of it, but never read it! I wonder why they call it "America's Gun". I guess the book explains it, but was it not the sidearm of the German Police or Army?
Peter

The book is worth reading cause America made gaston glock a billionaire

It shows

Why having a clean slate and no baggage (tooling) and no gun background helped glock

The rampant prostitution used to bribe police departments to buy glocks

The trade in used to give a $60 gun for free to get used $200 gun in exchange

Gaston crazy personal life and assasination attempt

The very weak internal accounting controls at glock

All in all a good read

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I missed out. No one ever offered me a prostitute to buy a Glock. They owe me several sessions. Mad

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"No one ever offered me a prostitute to buy a Glock"

Only for new ones. Buy used and you are on your own, literally!!!
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy used and you are on your own, literally!!!

Glock well even warrantee them all police trade ins are factory checked out before the go on the market.

Had a glock factory rep tell me it cost about a buck for the frame. Then he pointed at the serial number and said there is all the cost.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the barrels warrantied for 60,000 rounds!!

Big deal every else well wear out long before the barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Damn, I missed out. No one ever offered me a prostitute to buy a Glock. They owe me several sessions. Mad

You are not in the police gun buying department Wink

I checked out a few other caniks at the ocal academy

Canik TP9 SFX even though it is set up as a target gun felt the lightest and had the best fit.

Side by side to a HK VP9 - canik held its own.

I personally think HK VP9/P30 have the best ergonomics. Canik was a close second.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought one on GB, but with shipping, etc it will be about $575. Apparently they have gone up recently and I can't find one for less that $499. OTOH, if I buy one locally for that price it would cost $540 m/l so not that big of a difference.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Well, I bought one on GB, but with shipping, etc it will be about $575. Apparently they have gone up recently and I can't find one for less that $499. OTOH, if I buy one locally for that price it would cost $540 m/l so not that big of a difference.

Look forward to your views on the gun. I need to get a Burris that works and try the red dot out.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
GG, I think the price is due to limited availability. The OP posted a price much less. I think I will wait this out until supply catches up with demand.
Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe so, but I don't care. I'm not getting any younger and $50 is not even a good meal ticket for my wife and I. I'm not filthy rich, but I've learned that waiting to save a very few bucks is not me. In the interim, I'll have the gun, not be wondering if I should buy it now or wait.

I had to pay nearly full gut retail for a USED Walther PPQ Q5, after cheaping out on a few NIB auctions. Suddenly the whole supply evaporated.

Same for the Canik, no P5s or Caniks as above currently listed on GB. Most net sources I've checked show "not in stock". Like I said, you are probably right, supply will catch up with demand some time, but I'm impatient for small sums. Now if we were talking thousands of dollars in savings, I get more patient in a hurry. YMMV.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't say I disagree with your reasoning. In my case I have too many guns that I don't shoot already, so I am going to try and wait it out!
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my case I have too many guns that I don't shoot already, so I am going to try and wait it out!

You mean you actually expect to shoot guns you buy? What a novel concept! Smiler Roll Eyes

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Old fashioned I guess!
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Grab a Gun has them in stock now. Around $480. I might just "pull the trigger". has anyone successfully mounted a reflex sight on one of these?
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, IMO, currently, that's a good price.

HOWEVER, I picked mine up today, and it has a pretty shitty trigger that may or may not improve with use. The final release is not the problem, probably coming in around 5 pounds, it is the take up and staging that is the problem.

I want to stress this is a non-firing review and the following measurements are made at the bottom of trigger guard by eye but are fairly close.

First, like in a Glock, you have to take up the safety lever, that's 1/8 inch plus before you get to trigger.

Then you have the long first stage, that's another 1/4 to 5/16 inch.

Then you have the final break, which takes another 1/16 and then about 1/8 past that. In other words, from initial finger contact until shot breaks and the follow thru, you have a total of movement of about 5/8 of an inch, about 1/2 before it fires. Waay too much for me to like it.

These numbers are not an exaggeration and are probably slightly conservative.

Really strange trigger which I am going to find unusable for target work or, for that matter, defense practice. Obviously if I had it in my hand, and needed to shoot, it would work, just not up to my standards.

AFA the reflex sight, it comes with 4 plates, similar to a Gen 4 Glock and should not be a problem to mount one. Lots of "stuff" with pistol, which should make it a real value, but who cares if it has a shitty trigger?

Since I've got it, I'm probably going to shoot it, but if I had it to do over, I'd pass FOR SURE.

Unless my trigger is an exception, I'd pass on all of them. It may get better feeling with use, but it ain't going to get shorter.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I had a Glock 30 sitting loaded on my desk, I carefully, double checking, unloaded it and compared.

Safety lever on Glock is about 1/16.

Take up is about 1/4 inch with no intermediate "staging".

Firing is another 1/16 with about an 1/8 of after travel.

I am guessing Glock trigger is about a pound heavier than Canik.

In other words, a stock Glock trigger has at least 1/8 to 3/16 inch less total travel than the Canik and a lot of that is after travel.

IMO Glock trigger is SUBSTANTIALLY better and more user friendly that Canik and, as is well known, Glocks aren't known for great triggers.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tried my new/used Walther PPQ Q5 trigger which is a very similar gun to Canik.

Trigger safety lever is larger than a Glock, but a bit smaller than the 1/8 of the Canik.

Take up and firing, including overtravel, is about 7/16 inch and whole movement is smoother than Glock and, of course, MUCH, MUCH better than Canik. Trigger is a bit lighter than both the above. Best of the three, but certainly not a wonder trigger, but very usable.

Gun came with factory 25 meter 5 shot test target with 4 in tight cluster less than 3/4 inch and one outlier which opened in up to 2 1/16 inches.

All in all, I like the Walther at $300 more for target/range fun.

xxxxxxxxxx