New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig pistols made in Germany
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are the Sig pistols made in Germany as good as the ones made in the states?

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of people who will give you an argument about that. I have 3 9mm semi autos. The Sig P6 will easily outshoot both the Beretta 92fs I have and the Browning high power which is Israei surplus. All using the same ammunition. Frank

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Two buddys own multiply SIGs and they say the german made were better although the later pistols had design changes.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently retired a West German P220 and replaced it with a US made Legion P220 for general usage. The German made one is definitely slicker, but it's also some 25 years older and well broken in. Time will tell if the new one matches up to its German brother. Of course whether I have 25 more years left is an issue in some doubt, Cool

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The Sigs are very good pistols, wherever the mfg. However, they are a TOTALLY right-handed pistol; there are NO left-handed Germans. I had wanted a 220 for some time, bought one + sold it the next month. Everything requires a right-hand hold. But that's just my own pet peeve for being a lefty. No question at all about the quality of the piece.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
The Sigs are very good pistols, wherever the mfg. However, they are a TOTALLY right-handed pistol; there are NO left-handed Germans. I had wanted a 220 for some time, bought one + sold it the next month. Everything requires a right-hand hold. But that's just my own pet peeve for being a lefty. No question at all about the quality of the piece.

thanks, that just crossed it off my list!!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote