Find
Notify
Tools

G20 Shooting High
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

What can I do about the above? Shooting Hornady 10mm 180gr XTP factory ammo. Shoots 4-6 high. Is this normal? How can I rectify this?
Would appreciate any advice.
Leon

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooting high at what range? I consider the 180 to be a bit light for the 10mm. I shoot 200 grain bullets exclusively in my 10mm, both cast lead and jacketed. My gun, EAA Witness Elite has fully adjustable sights and I had no problem getting the sights adjusted for 25 and 50 yards with my accuracy loads which are also my hunting loads.

Added. it just occurred to me that I shoot a 6 o'clock hold, so the POI is higher than the POA. Sorry about that!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Higher front sight is the normal cure. Or one could try a different bullet.

I have some one else try it also.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will add that you could try a lighter bullet. I have some 155gr. JHPs that I have shot in my 40 but not in my 10mm.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote