New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Performance Center 929
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just read a review of this gun (the Jerry Miculek signature model) in a gun magazine (Gun World?). Extolling the virtues of the gun, fit, finish etc. the author went on to describe how the gun grouped less than 2.5 inches at 25 FEET (from a rest), and how he was happy with that! $1200 for a gun that groups like that? Not for me.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read reviews on guns(not this One) that describe rock hitting accuracy. Meaning they hit the rocks they were shooting at.

Could be the shooter not the gun there are a lot of shooters that can't shoot.

I had another guy describe along range pistol shot as 57 feet . I find S@W normally a lot more accurate then 2.5 inches at 25 feet.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks p dog. I agree. All of my Smiths have been far more accurate than that. I just am not tempted to spend that kind of money on a gun without knowing it's level of accuracy. It is a 9mm!
I saw the article because I am really interested in a PC in 38 Super!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've taken my S&W PC 627 back to S&W twice. The barrel didn't line up with rear sight. I got it back a week later and realized they over torque it past the point and it's still NOT lined up!!!!!! I did get a new barrel though and it is very accurate too.
I currently have 4 S&W PC 945 and still looking for more, they are the most accurate semi auto 45 ACP that I ever own including my Wilson and Les customs.
I think the PC day's are over due to cost of man hours, the quality control just isn't there anymore.