THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Speaking of Red dots, anyone have a Docter mount for a Heym?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of Red dots, anyone have a Docter mount for a Heym?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Didn't want to hijack Todd's thread.

I have a Trijicon which fits but I'd also like to be able to use my Leica red dot, which uses the Docter footplate. Chris at HeymUSA doesn't have any Docter mounts.

I assume these are labeled according to the clamp-clamp tightened distance and not the rib width? The appropriate Trijicon mount is 8.3 mm tightened clamp-clamp, the rib is 11.68 mm wide. The Trijicon "for 11-12 mm ribs" is 11.48 closed which doesn't clamp on anything, which makes me think the number is related to the tightened clamps and not the rib.

Anyone got one?

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I don't have one for sale but maybe check with JJ or NECG?I think they both sold them when I was looking? just a suggestion,thanks.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Optics Trade has EAW and Rusan mounts that will work for an 11mm dovetail. The Rusan fits my Valmet barrels.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Not sure which model you are looking at, but my Heym 26b o/u has a 13.15mm rail. I can use either the scope or the Doctor Optic Red Dot. The mount for the Doctor Optic is a genuine Heym.

Hope this helps, couple pics for future ref.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
Optics Trade has EAW and Rusan mounts that will work for an 11mm dovetail. The Rusan fits my Valmet barrels.

Jeremy

I ordered 2 of those Rusan mounts several years ago. One for my Merkel (15mm) and one for my Sabatti (11-12mm).
I have only mounted and used the Merkel, a QD version and have been pleased with it.

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote