New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the Market for a Double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a vintage British double in a traditional caliber (would consider 375 Flanged and Up). Also needs to be top lever and hammerless.

I'd also consider a nicely appointed Heym (my vintage search has so far been unsuccessful).

My intent is to keep it below $25k. But the spend is flexible depending on the right double. I recognize that the usual established resellers haven't adjusted their pricing based on the current market.

Right hand shooter. Very much would appreciate any leads.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, no response? Perhaps you should move it to the Classifieds as a WTB. Plenty of out members are getting to the age where African hunting is a thing of the past, and might be better off with the cash than holding on to their their double rifles.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Biebs. Good advice and will do.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sending a PM. Bob

Posts: 1280 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM as well.

Posts: 49 | Location: Plymouth, MA | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all - I think I've responded to everyone who reached out. If you didn't receive a response, I messed up - just pm me!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not into DR's,

But, recently learned of a big time Exporter
in England. Contact them direct once you take a look at their displays. I've never seen so many guns ever. They export all over the world and have license to do so in many countries.

Cheshire Gun Room---Re: export@cheshiregunroom.com

Good luck on your finding what you want.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shop around for a 450-400-3", Army-Navy, Jefferys, are my favorites, for a bit more modern and available I reccomend a Searcy as they shoot so damn good. A great hunting rifle, and Ive owned a number of them. H&H and some others, your paying for the name, may be worth it, but caution is needed..

Lots of doubles out there today as the value has deminished for a number of reasons..chose with care, lot of junk to be had..You can get a lot of gun for $25,000 and for much less..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote