THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Friendship, Indiana BP Double Rifle Match Sept 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friendship, Indiana BP Double Rifle Match Sept 13
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will anyone here be attending this match? My gentleman friend has invited me to go, and we will both be shooting his Army and Navy .577-450 hammer double.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to meet some members here at this event.

I have some pictures, I’ll post them soon.

Friendship Indiana is home to the national muzzleloader association, and is a huge facility dedicated to education and preservation of pioneer, primitive and antique weapons.

They host a double rifle completion, shooting 20 rounds in ten stages at African animal targets.

There were about 16 competitors, all shooting hammer double rifles, with about 1/2 being muzzleloaders.

As always with this site and the double rifle community, everyone was incredibly nice, and 25-40 years older than me.

I will mention one funny thing.

There was a gentleman with a 1890? something German rifle, who went to huge effort to trim and modify 50-110? Brass, without having any idea as to what caliber his rifle was exactly.

He got super huffy when I suggested that he send the rifle to a number of gunsmiths here, as well as jj peredeau, to figure out exactly what it was. It was to the point that he was using a metal cleaning rod through the muzzle, to eject his spent brass after each stage.

I was shooting my good friends army and navy 1896 .577-450.

Pictures tomorrow.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Looks like wonderfully good fun. I used to reload that round in my Martini days. Must have been very pleasant to shoot in a double rifle.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is great fun.