THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Merkel 140-2.1 Double Rifle in 375 H&H?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel 140-2.1 Double Rifle in 375 H&H?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I found one online for about $6,000 and was wondering about folks' experience with the 140-2, and whether the price is "too good to be true." Please don't say "rimless cartridges are unreliable in double rifles," unless you have experience with failures to extract rimless rounds in the Merkel doubles.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check my posting in the Firearms for sale section under Scams and see if is the same rifle I mentioned.

Posts: 136 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy, most of the double rifle manufacturers offer a double in 375, probably due to its popularity. I've had several doubles in rimless cartridges and never had an issue. $6K for a Merkel is a pretty good deal, probably suppressed a bit by the rimless issue you mentioned.

Posts: 20077 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Definitely a SCAM!
Double Gun HQ has the same gun, same photos, and same serial number for sale for twice the price, but a fair market price.

I talked to the seller and offered to drive to Columbus Ohio where the gun to "Buy it Now". He wasn't interested in that... SCAM!

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thank for the warning. It is the same rifle that Russ has listed. I asked the seller whether it was .375 H&H Magnum or 2-1/2" and he replies ".375 2-1/2"?"

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have a PM , need your mailing address on HOrnets..
ray

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41783 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote