THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatti 45-70 with Nice Wood Spotted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti 45-70 with Nice Wood Spotted
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
I was in Cabelas in Owatonna, Minn yesterday and looked at two Sabattis; the 45-70 has the nicest wood of any I have seen; semi fancy with a lot of stripes in the butt. The other one was a 450-400 and I must say that it is perfect in weight and pointability, for me. About a pound lighter and better balanced than my K in the same caliber, (which is deadly accurate with no recoil, but is a hog to carry).

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
dpcd: How tall are you? Just wondering as you said the .450/400 fit you well. I'm 5 feet 10 inches. Of course, I will have to handle one in person before buying.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I am 5 11 3/4. The Sabatti seems to be longer lop than the K. I will have one in here tomorrow so I will measure it for you. I was really impressed with the fit.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote