New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos of your double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bockhunter: As I new Heym owner, thank you for posting two excellent examples. Will you be at the HeymUSA shoot next month?

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Are you in the U.S.?

Actually, I am in Tennessee, about four miles from the Kentucky state line. In Henry County, West Tennessee.

We will have to make that happen. I am in the same situation on the other side of the state. I have been telling anyone who will listen that these shows/shoots need to come East. If I can get a range day squared away would you and snowwolfe want to take a run just inside Kentucky off i75 or some other centralized location. My home range would be free as it is private. Range might be an over description.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
I was hoping a 303 british double would pop up

guess no one on the form has such a rifle

Always thought that would be the ideal field rifle

if you think i am fishing here yes i am

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My newest acquisition, still awaiting import from Germany, another Krieghoff Ulm Primus in caliber 7X65R.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
xausa
The floor plate engraving is really eye catching on your Krieghoff

Posts: 1612 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:

That would be a nice "walking around the ranch caliber".

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:

There is a lovely Purdey Double Rifle in 303 British in makers oak and leather case on http://www.vintagedoubles.com/
for only $48k

Posts: 1612 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Xausa: Thank you for showing use the lock work on your newest over under. Even with modern machining, it amazes me that so many fine parts can be placed in finale of space.
Nothing wrong with fishing. I started this thread as one big fishing expedition. Ask and on here your double rifle dreams my come true.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
N I C E !!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
N I C E !!!!

Thanks Biebs!
Love the Verner-Carron 600NE as well as the V-C 375FL that earlier took Mr. Spots on the same safari.

Look how small Karl seems next to me.

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still can't get enough of that ele engraving, Doc. Beautiful rifles.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, once it cools off, you'll have to bring it up to my range and touch off a few.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
quote:
Are you in the U.S.?

Actually, I am in Tennessee, about four miles from the Kentucky state line. In Henry County, West Tennessee.

We will have to make that happen. I am in the same situation on the other side of the state. I have been telling anyone who will listen that these shows/shoots need to come East. If I can get a range day squared away would you and snowwolfe want to take a run just inside Kentucky off i75 or some other centralized location. My home range would be free as it is private. Range might be an over description.

I could get a range together in Central Kentucky. I also have ammo for doubles I don't own.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FFemtRN5287:
Still can't get enough of that ele engraving, Doc. Beautiful rifles.

Thanks Brandon, V-C definitely got it right and exactly as I requested.

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Doc, one it cools off, you'll have to bring it up to my range and touch off a few.

Definitely - the 600 and 375Fl.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentleman: I appolgize for being a bad host. I have been shooting this weekend.
Mr. Doc: Thank you for two more VCs. The photos of doubles in Africa make great double photos even better.

One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
LHEYM500

Will see you @ the Heym shoot

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clan_Colla:
LHEYM500

Will see you @ the Heym shoot
Thank you sir. I will be there. However, I may not arrive in time for first night diner and cocktails. Pick a place and time and I will buy you a dink.
Thank you for adding your 450 Jäger Heym. I remember not being in position to take advantage of that offer. Life worked out. You are welcome to shoot my 500 at the shoot.

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
A couple of Heyms. The one on the top is an 88B Safari in 450/400 NE. The one on the bottom is a Jumbo Sidelock in 577 NE.

Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two more great Heyms, and a sidelock 577 to boot: old, new, vintage, modern, VC, Heym, Searcy, Holland and Holland. Thank you all. If you will keep them comming. You all have made this a great thread.
I have enjoyed seeing posters and doubles that have not been on this forum in sometime. Thank you gentleman.

Picture of 2duer
posted Hide Post

Holland & Holland .500 BPE

Krieghoff .470 NE

Gustav Genschov .405 win

H Barella 9,3x74R

Schmidt und Habermann 7x57R

All doubles are regulated with my own ammunition

.500 DR SS H&H BPE
.470 NE DR SS KRIEGHOFF
.405 win DR SS
.378 Wea mag
.300 Wea mag
.270 Wea mag
.257 Wea mag
12/70 H&H Royal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. 2duer: Thank you for your 5 gorgeous rifles. My favorite is the 7x57. I love the clamshell side clips. In one reply we got to see vintage, English, Germanic, and modern.

One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husky:
Left: Webley & Scott .450/.400 3 1/4" N.E. Built in 1922-23 (mine)

Right: Army & Navy .450 N.E.Built in 1905. (Owned by a Section Ranger in Kruger NP). Refurbished by Westley Richards some years ago

Very interesting Husky and beautiful doubles. I stay and farm near/next to Kruger. Do you perhaps know to whom the double belonged in Kruger? Would be most interesting to know.

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
Fantastic doubles on show here ! shocker

As a novice regarding doubles I see most makes/brands but Krieghoff. Are they not that popular or am I missing something ????

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote