New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on DEMAS doubles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have experience with them and how they compare?

Posts: 521 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Demas doubles are great guns. Very well built, accurate and priced right. Not over priced but priced right. A Demas will run several thousand less than a Heym PH and is every bit the gun if not more in areas. Word is getting out about Demas. Get one now before the back log get too long.

Bikerider

Posts: 244 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 450-400 3" Demas double and I love it. Did some "follow-up" work with it in Zambia on a buff.
I have or have owned most of the current doubles out there and and the Demas is as good as any.
Kebco here on the forum is an importer and a great gent to deal with.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I have zero personal experience with the Demas double rifles, however, I have not heard anyone saying anythin negative about them. I will say they look good. More than that I can't comment either negative, or positive on the rifles. I will say one thing here, I don't, for one minute, believe they are the equal to the Heyms, As Bike Rider claims! But I've been wrong before, "ONCE", back in 1954, when I married my first wife, and maybe this is the second mistake! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, only admitting to one? What about that cute little ...

Posts: 9970 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw Alister Norton pick up Garys Demas, never had fired it. Gary handed him a brace of shells, Alister aimed at a brick about 85 yards away and turned it to powder, Handed it back to Gary and simply said "nice double Gary". It is a beautiful rifle that looks very well made, all the fits and finish look like a more expensive double.

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That Freakin' Alister could shoot a rifle with a bent barrel. But he did bust that brick on the first shot like Steve says....he really liked it. As a matter of fact, another gent that was in camp returned home and ordered one from Ken (Kebco). His will have a bit more "embelishment" than mine, but he thought enough of it to order one.
They are very nice doubles that will be getting more expensive as they become more well known.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
I have zero personal experience with the Demas double rifles, however, I have not heard anyone saying anythin negative about them. I will say they look good. More than that I can't comment either negative, or positive on the rifles. I will say one thing here, I don't, for one minute, believe they are the equal to the Heyms, As Bike Rider claims! But I've been wrong before, "ONCE", back in 1954, when I married my first wife, and maybe this is the second mistake! Big Grin

Mac,

You say that you have zero experience with Demas doubles yet you dont "for one minute, believe they are the equal to the Heyms, as Bike Rider claims".

Maybe you should get a Demas in your hands so your opinion will be founded on first hand knowledge.

I have experience with both Heym and Demas (as well as guns of much higher quality). Both the Heym and Demas are built very well, finish is good on both and in my humble opinion the Demas is just as good as the Heym for thousands less. Most Heyms I have seen have low grade wood and the grain is not filled. Thats an issue for me given the cost of Heyms.

Get your hands on a Demas and take it for a test spin and get back with me with an honest first hand opinion.

Bike Rider

Posts: 244 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bike Rider:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

Mac,

You say that you have zero experience with Demas doubles yet you dont "for one minute, believe they are the equal to the Heyms, as Bike Rider claims".

Maybe you should get a Demas in your hands so your opinion will be founded on first hand knowledge.

I have experience with both Heym and Demas (as well as guns of much higher quality). Both the Heym and Demas are built very well, finish is good on both and in my humble opinion the Demas is just as good as the Heym for thousands less. Most Heyms I have seen have low grade wood and the grain is not filled. Thats an issue for me given the cost of Heyms.

Get your hands on a Demas and take it for a test spin and get back with me with an honest first hand opinion.

Bike Rider

Sounds like excellent advice! I will test one out at the ranch this winter! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote