Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400 3"
 Login/Join

posted
A couple interesting 450-400s are up on Gun Broker.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beware that H&H "Royal"...built on an H&H shotgun action?

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The seller kind of sucks. He has had that thing listed at 22,000 for a long time.

I think h&h made less than 25 boxlock double rifles, and I don’t think that is one of them.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The H&H is on a sidelock action but I am not sure if it will hold up. Heavy loads on English shotguns (game guns) result in guns that are eventually loose and off face. Likely that gun was originally proofed for 1 1/8 ounces of shot. Also, English loads are lighter than American loads.
However, the Jeffery is intriguing...a 450-400 is on my wish list to be sure!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot more with the 404 and 450-400 than any other calibers, both are fully capable of puttiing down any animal that walks this earth and do it in aces. You should have at least one!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The 450-400 3" is one SWEET Caliber in a double rifle! tu2 tu2, followed by a 375 Flanged double rifle! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they are!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I love my A. Hollis and Son, Leonard Made, double rifle chambered in 450/400 3 inch Nitro Express.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Rusty is going to leave me his rifle in this will. However, the old fart is probably going to out live me. Wink

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Rusty is going to leave me his rifle in this will. However, the old fart is probably going to out live me. Wink

Damn you are making it tough on an old balding fat man! Big Grin

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote