THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Scam Sellers on Gunbroker silverirvin1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scam Sellers on Gunbroker silverirvin1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This seller is copying listing from other forums and starting them off at $1 with very low buy it now prices. Here is an example on gunbroker now: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911113777

They didn't even bother to take off the last line of the description about the legitimate seller. I actually bought two other auctions to get them off gunbroker before some fool sends them money. They sold a Merkel 470 SXS for about $5500 and a Merkel bolt gun before I took two others down. If anyone was high bidder on their auctions, ask them to take the guns to a local dealer where you will send their money. They are from Victoryville, CA and just across the border in Arizona.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2138 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker shut them down.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2138 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a post for custom mauser a few months ago. Price was so good I almost hit the buy it now button. Then found another post for the same rifle in a different state also on GB. Also really cheap. I reported it to GB. Took them a few days but they finally took care of it. Several others hit the buy it now buttons and it would just get relisted the next day...always be careful on deals that are too good to be true.

Posts: 370 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCAMS: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911627769
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911616704

Non Rated (NR) Sellers with Buy it Now prices too good to be true!

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I notified my rep at GB and they got it taken care of. If more people like you guys were around very few would ever get scammed. Thanks guys.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention. As the old saying goes, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There's a hot spot reserved for these scammers.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote