THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Searcy Dbl Rifle 470 NE, New and Unfired in Classifieds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Dbl Rifle 470 NE, New and Unfired in Classifieds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just posted in Classifeds.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
I heard they are really well made.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You heard correctly.
Butch Search is also the only person in the US that makes a classic double rifle from scratch.
Every rifle he makes is a work of art and every one who has ever had one declares that the regulation and accuracy is unequivocally superb.

Bob Nisbet
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOP and barrel length? And to what ammo is it regulated?

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could make some more money.If I did I would buy a Searcy and go hunt Zim again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I measured LOP from Butt Curve to forward trigger. 14-3/8.
Butch did his standard regulation, but you would need to ask him what ammo he uses.
I have been doing some research and believe that a fair price for my unfired Searcy Classic rifle is $15,800 which includes my $2000 worth of accessories, reloading items and ammo.

Bob Nisbet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT: I am willing to discuss price if there is a serious interest.

Bob Nisbet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You heard correctly.
Butch Search is also the only person in the US that makes a classic double rifle from scratch.
Every rifle he makes is a work of art and every one who has ever had one declares that the regulation and accuracy is unequivocally superb.

I believe Aaron Little makes a superb double as well.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have two Searcys: a 450-400 and a 375 Flanged. Love both of them and they are scary accurate! They are both a pleasure to shoot and hunt with. Both have been to Africa numerous times.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have a 450 Searcy; definitely a great rifle and mine shoots into 1.5 inches at 50 all day. Regulation load data was provided by him.
Unfortunately never been to Africa.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 470 NE. Great rifle in every respect.
RC

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were a rich man I would order 20 Searcy doubles and just shootaway everyday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you say "Shootaway" ??? :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What happened to George?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happened to George?

Well, there's a clue just two posts up from yours. Big Grin rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
I,ve owned 4 maybe 5 Searcys over the years along with a number of good British doubles, Every Searcy Ive own shot under 2 inches at my 70 yard target out my shop door off a bench..and one, a 470 I lent to Butch and he won the Nationals with it..It would shoot 4 shots under an inch everytime..He finally talked me out of it in a trade for a 450-400 that shot almost as well at 1.5 most every time..

Its nice to have a accurate double when you need to shoot an oncomming buff in the eye, the fabled "minute of greapefruit" sucks in my opinnion..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
quote:
per Dutch44

Aaron can also regulate doubles to shoot well as this regulation target for my .405 WCF DR shows; two L&R in one inch at 50 yards:

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
quote:
per Dutch44

Aaron can also regulate doubles to shoot well as this regulation target for my .405 WCF DR shows; two L&R in one inch at 50 yards:

The only way I can get my doubles to group that well is to tape the target to the muzzle.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Aaron shot that group, not me.

Back when I was his age, maybe, but not now.

However, good regulation is good for all that use the rifle. Great confidence builder.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
quote:
per Dutch44

The only way I can get my doubles to group that well is to tape the target to the muzzle.

Big Grin yep. You can burn a lot of powder trying to get there......

DRSS

Posts: 1892 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote