THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Applied for a double rifle license today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Applied for a double rifle license today
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
Been an expensive month A H&W and a H&H

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Damn nice. Classic cartridge. How long does the license take?

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
About 3 weeks

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice find!! Congratulations... like my "new" 375FlMag Royal... just waiting to shoot it!! Stinky Spring!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn shame you need a license to buy a rifle.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:

I don't really feel so bad waiting 3 weeks to get a gun but im born "into it" and don't know anything other/better. Indoctrinated. Although Im a gun nut and love buying and selling to get the perfect battery.

I need to send in a paper to the police what I should have it for like this one "elephant hunting", caliber, how I should store it. Im importing this rifle from Germany so I applied for EU gun passport also. With that I can move it between EU countries without hassle.

Im all for your 2 amendment and so on so don't get me wrong.

On a side note that I know from my US friends that told me im stupid and don't do - I can wear my gold Rolex wherever I want without even thinking of getting robbed and can't remember when I heard shooting here where I live. Never locked the door to my house in my entire life etc. Is it because gun laws ? of course not but Im quite glad not all of my friends can own guns hilbily

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No it is not because of your gun laws that you ar safe in your community. It is because your culture is civilized and respects one another. We have elements in our society that do not respect each other, or anyone else. Look at the stats on who shoots who here. It has jumped way up in the last 3 years. I can't say it.
If someone wanted to rob you or kill you they don't need a gun.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
No it is not because of your gun laws that you ar safe in your community. It is because your culture is civilized and respects one another. We have elements in our society that do not respect each other, or anyone else. Look at the stats on who shoots who here. It has jumped way up in the last 3 years. I can't say it.

We have MANY shootings an killings in some parts of our country also so we are not immune. more or less all of them are immigrants.

But if you are convicted criminal or any psyc trouble I dont think you should be able to own rifles/guns until you have proven otherwise but that is just my standpoint.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

We have MANY shootings an killings in some parts of our country also so we are not immune. more or less all of them are immigrants.

But if you are convicted criminal or any psyc trouble I dont think you should be able to own rifles/guns until you have proven otherwise but that is just my standpoint.

That is the law here. Unfortunately, the criminals know how to get guns illegally. Gun control laws are the politicians way of duping the public into thinking that they are doing something about crime.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
YES.... and SPOONS Make You FAT TOO!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't really feel so bad waiting 3 weeks to get a gun but im born "into it" and don't know anything other/better. Indoctrinated. Although Im a gun nut and love buying and selling to get the perfect battery.

I need to send in a paper to the police what I should have it for like this one "elephant hunting", caliber, how I should store it. Im importing this rifle from Germany so I applied for EU gun passport also. With that I can move it between EU countries without hassle.

On a side note that I know from my US friends that told me im stupid and don't do - I can wear my gold Rolex wherever I want without even thinking of getting robbed and can't remember when I heard shooting here where I live. Never locked the door to my house in my entire life etc. Is it because gun laws ? of course not but Im quite glad not all of my friends can own guns hilbily

Rolex bling bling don’t don’t do that in Brazil.

Us you are pretty safe unless in la.

Lock houses is not a Big worry As crime in very Regional in us and one can get shot for breaking into the wromg house.

Cars whole other mess - always lock - always.

Loved Oman never have to lock a car.

Nice double.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s weird.

In the USA, there are dangerous, commie states, and safe, free states.

As examples, I’d rather live in any number of foreign countries than Mew York, Taxachusetts or Kalifornia.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

can they decline the license as there is no more elephants free roaming in your country? i know i had to be the one lol on the other side congrats to the purchase.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
quote:

can they decline the license as there is no more elephants free roaming in your country? i know i had to be the one lol on the other side congrats to the purchase.

Ha ha ha ... do not forget that the Swedes have moose and a growing population of grizzly like bears. Good caliber for those... Almost Alaska and Yukon up there in North of Sweden... Wink

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it will take down a moose first Monday in September.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

May I join as backup ?

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:

May I join as backup ?

we re going on a fly out this fall and im not taking my express rifle but that is a good idea for a week end hunt.

true some moose and grizzly there or even in norway too...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad I live in Idaho, even in America these days..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait until Prop 114 by Lutheran Church of Portland kicks in for Oregon shooters. The prediction is many or most gun shops will close!! This Prop/Initiative, put on the ballot by Signature gathering, required a Permit that is issued after firing line training with law enforcement supervision and qualifications, and a $65 fee to purchase any gun!!
Many say this Unconstitutional, ie requiring a permit to exercise your 2nd Amendment Rights, it will now have to be challenged in Court...
Chipping away at our rights little by little!!
Where was our NRA when we needed them?? There should have been a huge BLAST by NRA.... Didn't Happen!! NYAG is getting her wish...

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oregon is now definitely counted among the commie states.

We can only hope for the filing of lawsuits all the way to the US Supreme Court to shoot down these clearly unconstitutional laws.

Mike